Drive less and make a difference with commute alternatives!
Make the change from driving alone to carpooling, vanpooling, taking transit, bicycling or walking for your work commute and 511 Contra Costa will reward you with the Drive Less Commuter Incentive. Whether you make the switch one day out of the week or five days a week, driving less can make a difference!
Am I eligible to receive the incentive?
You are eligible to receive the incentive if you:
- Live or work in Contra Costa County.
- Are a licensed driver and 18 years of age or older.
- Own or have access to a vehicle and would otherwise drive alone to work.
- Currently driving alone to work and wish to try an alternative to driving alone to/from work.
- Agree to complete a brief questionnaire to assess the effectiveness of this program.
What are the program rules?
- One person and per household is eligible to receive an incentive during the program year from July 1, 2017 to June 30, 2018, while funding is available.
- For work commute trips only.
- 511 Contra Costa may request verification of the information you provide.
- Falsifying any information will disqualify you from all 511 Contra Costa programs and promotions.
- 511 Contra Costa reserves the right to make any changes to or to terminate this program at any time without prior notification.
- Employer provided and paid buses and shuttles do not qualify for this incentive.
- If you have participated in a 511 Contra Costa Buy-One, Get-One-Free Buss Pass promotion or the Try Transit Clipper card promotion, you are not eligible to receive this incentive.
- Non-licensed child passengers do not constitute a carpool and thus do not qualify the driver for the incentive. Children do constitute a carpool when using HOV lanes and bridge toll lanes.
What’s the incentive?
Eligible participants could receive $25. The incentive will be mailed to the mailing address provided on the application. Please allow a minimum of 15 business days for delivery. Participants must meet the eligibility requirements and program rules stated above.
Have any questions?