Earth Day is Saturday, April 22! We’ve pulled together a list of Earth Day celebrations in Contra Costa, happening now through Sunday the 23rd.
If you see a next to an event listing, it means 511 Contra Costa staff will have a table at the event. Say hello, pick up some 511CC swag & get info on bonuses for trying an alternative (and environmentally friendly) commute.
Click any link below for additional information
Earth Day Events
Thursday, April 20
- Pleasant Hill : Diablo Valley College Earth Day – Blend your own smoothie on 511CC’s blender bikes, learn about recycling, sample free vegetarian fare & enjoy live music! 321 Golf Club Rd, 10:30am-1:30pm.
Saturday, April 22
- Martinez : John Muir Birthday–Earth Day Celebration – Free bike repair & maintenance tips from the Bay Area BikeMobile, meet “John Muir”, tour Muir’s 1882 Victorian home & orchards, enjoy live music and more. John Muir National Historic Site, 10am-4pm.
- Antioch: Keep Antioch Beautiful Day – Citywide cleanup. Various locations, 8:30am-11am.
- Clayton: Clayton Cleans Up – Community clean-up day; volunteers check-in at Clayton City Hall. Various locations, 9am-12pm. (Must complete registration form; for more info call the Pioneer at (925) 672-0500)
- Concord: Concord Earth Day Work Party at Hillcrest Park – Families will assist with tree plantings, path restoration, creek clean-up, butterfly garden prep & trash pick-up. Hillcrest Community Park, Olivera Road at Grant Street, 8am-12pm.
- Danville: Danville Earth Day Celebration – Free & fun activities for the entire family on the Town green. Danville Library, 400 Front Street, 11am-1pm.
- El Cerrito: El Cerrito Earth Day Celebration – A morning of volunteerism and work parties, followed by socializing at the Volunteer Appreciation Lunch. Various locations, 11am-3pm.
- Orinda: Orinda Action Day – A day of community service by residents & friends. Volunteers check in at the Orinda Library Plaza (26 Orinda Way). 9:30am-12pm.
- Richmond: N. Richmond Green Festival & Earth Day Celebration – Community clean-up from 9am-10:30am (with volunteer check-in at Verde Elementary School) followed by a festival from 11am-3pm at the North Richmond Ball Field.
- Walnut Creek: Earth Day in the Open Space – From 9am-12pm volunteers will help improve Shell Ridge Open Space, Old Borges Ranch and Hanna Grove Picnic Area. No experience needed. From 12:30pm-3pm there will be a community picnic at the Hanna Grove Picnic Area.
Sunday, April 23
- Lafayette: Lafayette Earth Day Festival, Lafayette Library, 11am-3pm