The Text-Your-Commute Challenge 2018 is now closed
You can start the Text-Your-Commute challenge anytime through October 15th! For additional information, read through the challenge rewards, eligibility and program rules below.
Do you currently drive alone? Are you tired of sitting in traffic? Try out a different commute & get rewarded with the Contra Costa Text-Your-Commute Challenge!
The Challenge is a fun and exciting opportunity to explore alternative modes of transportation to get to/from work. Qualifying modes; carpooling/vanpooling, public transportation (bus, train, ferry), walking or bicycling. You can even use ride share apps such as Lyft Line, Uber Pool, or Scoop (just not single passenger rides).
How do I get started?
- Text START to 925-905-TRIP (925-905-8747)
- You will get daily texts at 10am and 7pm asking you about your commute for the next three weeks
- Respond by texting your commute using up to 2 of the following numerical codes separated by spaces (e.g. 1 4):
- 1 – Carpool
- 2 – Transit
- 3 – Ride Share App
- 4 – Walk
- 5 – Bike
- 6 – Drive alone
- 7 – Other
If you no longer wish to participate in the challenge, text STOP to 925-905-TRIP.
How does it work? For three weeks, you’ll get two texts a day (10am and 7pm) asking how you made your commute. You get a point for each ‘clean-air’ one-way trip you make – carpooling, vanpooling, taking public transit, walking and cycling all qualify.
You can start the Text-Your-Commute Challenge any time between September 24 and October 15.*
*Although the last day to register is October 15, the last day of the Challenge is November 5. All participants will have 3 weeks to log as many clean trips as possible regardless of their start date.
Challenge Rewards Tiers:
- Gold: $100 ‘Commute Champs’ with the highest number of clean trips
- Silver: $50 Minimum of 30 clean one-way trips
- Bronze: $25 Minimum of 15 clean one-way trips
- Live or work in Contra Costa County
- Are 18 years or older
- You would otherwise drive alone to/from an employment location.
- Have a cell phone with the ability to text
- One person per household is eligible to receive an incentive
- Do not text while driving
- This incentive program is available only your home-to-work commute and/or work-to-home commute
- During registration, it is important that you enter your CORRECT email address. Upon completion of the challenge, participants whom are eligible for prizes will receive them via email. Any prizes that do not reach the participant due to inaccurately provided information will not be replaced.
- 511 Contra Costa may request verification of the information you provide
- Falsifying any information will disqualify you from all 511 Contra Costa programs and promotions
- 511 Contra Costa reserves the right to make any changes to or terminate this challenge at any time without prior notification.
If you have any issues or questions regarding the challenge, email firstname.lastname@example.org
By submitting your registration you agree to the following terms and conditions: