Where did you go to buy your bicycle? A well-tuned bicycle is a beautiful thing. Need a quick fix, or looking to buy a bicycle? Check out these locally owned bike shops in Contra Costa County!
Listed alphabetically by city:
- Bikes 4 Life – 1344 Sunset Drive, Antioch
- Schwinn City – 814 A Street, Antioch
- Brentwood Bike Company – 7750 Brentwood Blvd, Brentwood
- Clayton Bikes – 5411 Clayton Rd, Clayton
- California Pedaler – 495 Hartz Avenue, Danville
- Danville Bike – 115 Hartz Avenue, Danville
- The Pedaler – 3826 San Pablo Dam Road, El Sobrante
- Hank and Frank Bicycles – 3377 Mount Diablo Blvd, Lafayette
- Sharp Bicycle – 969 Moraga Rd, Lafayette
- Pegasus Bicycle Works – 721 Castro St, Martinez
- STF BMX – 728 Main St, Martinez
- Big Dave’s Bikes – 609 Gregory Lane Ste 120/130, Pleasant Hill
- Pleasant Hill Cyclery – 1100-C Contra Costa Blvd, Pleasant Hill
- Devil Mountain Cycler – 1510 2nd Ave, Walnut Creek
- Encina Bicycle Center – 2901 Ygnacio Valley Rd, Walnut Creek
- Beeline Bicycle Repair – at your home or at your work while you wait Call: 1-855-58-BIKES
- Stix and Stones – Bike Repair on Call: 925-864-0964 http://stxandstones.com
- Plus regional and national stores like REI, Sports Basement, Performance Bikes, and Mikes Bikes all have locations in Contra Costa.
Read what people had to say about these shops on Yelp:
Coco K. on Schwinn City Cyclery – This bike shop has been here forever! No bike snob here. No high pressure sales, and not cheapo-quality bikes either. And I don’t have to wait days or weeks for a repair job, usually same-day service.
Neila H. on Stix and Stones – Best bike fitting ever! Who knew a proper fit could make such an incredible difference? I called Jake at Stix and Stones because I was having some back pain when riding my new bike. I’ve been fitted on bikes before, but Jake’s fitting was much more thorough than anything I’d experienced in the past. Jake was very patient and took his time examining every angle and took into account the type of riding I like to do as he made his adjustments. He even gave me a pointer for getting more power out of each pedal stroke, which was extremely helpful. I have NO PAIN now when I ride, and I’m enjoying my rides so much more.
Thank you, Jake!