Get $50 for Leaving the Car at Home
As offices and worksites reopen, many Bay Area workers will be trading their sweatpants and slippers for a daily commute. Instead of jumping back into your car, 511 Contra Costa will give you $50 to get to work another way.
How Does It Work?
If you commute by driving alone or using Uber or Lyft, you can receive $50 if you travel to work on Capitol Corridor, BART, a bus, or in a carpool instead. To qualify for the incentive, you only need to do this one time, but we think you’ll like your new commute enough to try it again. Program and eligibility rules apply.
In addition to the $50 reward, you can also enter the Bonus $100 Grand Prize drawing when you share a photo from your commute. Learn more when you apply.
Who is eligible for the incentive?
You are eligible if:
- Your commute starts and/or ends in Contra Costa County, and;
- You are 18 years of age or older, and;
- You agree to try Capitol Corridor, BART, a bus, or carpooling a least once in place of a driving alone or using Uber or Lyft and;
- You agree to complete a brief program follow-up survey, and;
- You agree to receive email communications from 511CC – opt out at any time.
What are the program rules?
- One incentive is available per person and per household.
- The incentive is available for work commute trips only.
- 511 Contra Costa may request verification of the information you provide. Falsifying any information will disqualify you from all 511 Contra Costa programs and promotions.
- 511 Contra Costa reserves the right to make changes to or terminate this program at any time without prior notification.
- Incentives are available while funding lasts.
The Leave the Car Incentive is made available with funding from Contra Costa Transportation Authority and the Bay Area Air Quality Management District