511 Contra Costa is your 411 on transportation
Looking for everything you need to know about transportation in Contra Costa County? 511 Contra Costa is your resource. We provide trip planning services for commuters and residents who need help planning bike routes, managing public transit options, or finding the best rideshare program.
Use our comprehensive transit maps or the 511.org Trip Planner to find your away around the various public transportation agencies in our area. Need to find your nearest Park & Ride lot, or help a friend plan a trip from Santa Barbara to Martinez via train? Are you mapping a bike route to work and want to know more about avoiding hills or how you can make your workplace more bike friendly? Whether you’re a cyclist, a commuter, a business owner, or a senior, 511 Contra Costa has you covered.
What we’re all about
511 Contra Costa is a comprehensive Transportation Demand Management (TDM) program that promotes alternatives to the single occupant vehicle. We encourage what we call “green commutes” via the utilization of alternative modes of transportation that eliminate traffic congestion and improve air quality by maximizing the use of our entire transportation network. Commute options include carpooling, vanpooling, telecommuting, biking, public transit, and walking.
We’re sponsored by all twenty jurisdictions in Contra Costa County in California through four regional transportation planning committees: SWAT (Southwest county), TRANSPAC (Central county), TRANSPLAN (East County), and WCCTAC (West county).
Funding for 511 Contra Costa programs and projects is provided primarily by the Bay Area Air Quality Management District’s Transportation Fund for Clean Air and the local half-cent sales tax, known as Measure J, approved by voters in in 2004 and administered by the Contra Costa Transportation Authority. A portion of our Employer Outreach services and programs are funded by the Metropolitan Transportation Commission’s Congestion Mitigation Air Quality funds.
For more about our efforts and results, check out our 511 Contra Costa Quick Facts page.
On October 25, 2011, Oakley Mayor Jim Frazier recognized 511 Contra Costa for its service to the community. Read more about the proclamation here.
Find your local office
CENTRAL AND EAST COUNTY
(serving the regional transportation planning committees of TRANSPAC and TRANSPLAN)
Represents the cities of Clayton, Concord, Pleasant Hill, Martinez, Walnut Creek, Antioch, Brentwood, Oakley, Pittsburg, and unincorporated areas of central and eastern Contra Costa. Project oversight includes:
- Vehicle Trip Reduction Programs
- SchoolPool Transit Program, Bike/Pedestrian Education, Bike/Skateboard Racks, Carpool/Ridematching and Bus Ticket Program
- Employer based commuter programs (for employers in Clayton, Concord, Pleasant Hill, Martinez, Walnut Creek, Antioch, Brentwood, Oakley,, and Pittsburg)
- Bike lockers and racks for employers in Contra Costa
- Electric plug-in vehicle recharging stations in local cities
(serving the regional transportation planning committee of SWAT)
Represents the cities of Lafayette, Orinda, San Ramon, Danville, Moraga, and unincorporated areas of southwest Contra Costa. Project oversight includes:
- Vanpool Incentive Program
- Employer Network (for employers in SWAT regions including Danville, San Ramon, Lafayette, Moraga, and Orinda)
- Student Transit Ticket Program (for schools in Danville, San Ramon, Lafayette, Moraga, and Orinda)
- Lamorinda School Bus program
- San Ramon Valley’s TRAFFIX Program
(serving the regional transportation planning committee of WCCTAC)
Represents the cities of El Cerrito, El Sobrante, Hercules, Kensington, Pinole, Richmond, Rodeo, San Pablo, and other unincorporated areas of western Contra Costa. Project oversight includes:
- Guaranteed Ride Home Program
- Employer network (for employers located in El Cerrito, Pinole, Hercules, Richmond, San Pablo, and unincorporated areas of west county)
- I-80 outreach program
Program Manager: Linda Young, Transportation Project Specialist
Snail mail: City of San Pablo 13831 San Pablo Avenue, San Pablo, CA 94806
Oversight committee website: WCCTAC
Send us a file
You can upload a file to us directly—just call us at 925.969.0841 ext. 204 for the password.