Biking in Contra Costa County
Contra Costa County is a great place for cycling. See the sections below to find out more about biking in the county.
Map Your Ride
511CC Bike Mapper makes it easy to find flat, safe, and fast bike routes anywhere in the Bay Area.
More Bay Area bike maps to help you plan your route.
Park safe with our Contra Costa County Bike Locker Map.
Drive Less $25 Incentive is available to qualified commuters who make the switch from diving alone to pedal power.
Bay Area Bike Events: casual group rides, bicycle club rides, repair lessons, bike parties, bicycle bingo, and more!
Bike to Work Day: with funding from the CCTA and the BAAQMD, 511 Contra Costa is excited to provide support to cyclists and volunteer ambassadors of clean-air commuting at over 50+ Energizer Stations in Contra Costa County.
Try bikesharing. It’s an innovative transportation program ideal for short distance point-to-point trips providing users the ability to pick up a bicycle from a dedicated bike station or by locating a dockless bike via app and return it within the system’s service area.
Pleasant Hill BART Bike Station – Secure Indoor Parking
Does Your Office Need a Bike Rack?
The 511CC Bike Rack Program provides bike lockers and racks for business sites, retail centers, schools, colleges, and public buildings to support and encourage bicycle use.
Contra Costa Bike Shops
Tips For Getting Started With Bike Commuting
- How to lock your bike: The SF Bike Coalition guide
- Sierra Club’s guide to becoming a bike commuter
- California Bicycle Coalition bike commuting basics
- BikeExchange guide to buying a commuter bike
- Regular maintenence for the bicycle commuter
- Park Tool repair help: In depth repair info and videos
- Bicycling.com: The bike commuters essential gear checklist
- Bicycling.com: 14 commuter pros share their secrets
- BikeLink Cards for secure bike parking
- Cycling resourses from the 511.org website:
Latest Biking News
- Summer Bike Challenge: Free Stuff for Adults & Kids - Jul 20, 2018
- Bike To Work Day 2018 - Nearly 20,000 Riders in the East Bay - May 11, 2018
- Walking School Bus - How to Start Your Own - Aug 15, 2017
- I-680/Treat Blvd Bike/Ped Plan Workshop – Mon., May 22 (Walnut Creek) - May 16, 2017
- Free Bike Repair at John Muir Birthday-Earth Day Celebration: April 22 - Apr 20, 2017