Still need to drive? We get it. Here are some options to make your trip a clean one while saving some money.
Give Someone a Ride
Drive an Electric Vehicle
- Cash rebates and incentives makes it more affordable
- Newer 100% EVs are HOV and express-lane eligible
- Buying guide for clean and efficient vehicles
- Never buy gas again
- No tailpipe emissions
- Minimal maintenance costs
Find an EV Charging Station
Find a charging station using the PlugShare.com map of EV charging station locations.
Get the Latest Data for Your Commute
- Traffic.511.org: A real-time Bay Area traffic map
- SFGate.com/traffic: A real-time traffic map that includes a list of current incidents
- maps.google.com: Use Google Maps to see an overlay of traffic congestion and incidents
HOV Lanes, Express Lanes & FasTrak®
Faster commutes reduce driving time and generate less air polution. During peak hours, all vehicles must use a FasTrak Flex toll tag when using I-680 and I-580 express lanes. Express lanes are toll-free for carpools, vanpools, eligible clean-air vehicles, buses and motorcycles. Solo drivers must pay tolls during peak hours using a standard FasTrak or FasTrak Flex toll tag set to ‘1’.
Bay Area HOV Lanes & Express Lanes
HOV Lanes – blue • Express Lanes – red
- New Transportation Laws for 2020 - Dec 31, 2019
- The 2017 California Gas Tax Is Here, Don’t Let It Affect You - Oct 31, 2017
- Meeting: Public Investment in Electric Vehicle Charging - Richmond, Sept. 13, 2017 - Sep 11, 2017
- I-580 Express Lanes Now Open (2016) - Feb 24, 2016
- Five Reasons Why You Should Change Up Your Commute (BTWD 2016) - Feb 12, 2016