Still need to drive?
511 Contra Costa gets that public transit isn’t for everyone. That’s why we encourage you to consider traveling in a way that is still environmentally friendly.
What are your options?
- Carpool to work and take advantage of our $25 incentive
- Vanpool to work and we’ll pay your way for three months, or start your own Vanpool and receive a $1,000 bonus
- Guarantee your ride home if you ride with others, but need more flexibility in case of an emergency
Fly past traffic using the Bay Area’s network of HOV lanes
Need help finding a ride?
The 511 Ridematch Tool can help you find a carpool partner or a vanpool with available seats. Please note that the 511 Ridematch Tool is not intended to accommodate the immediate needs of stranded commuters, and does not accommodate need based on financial hardship. For more information, call 925.969.0841 ext. 205.
- Own a yellow Clean Air Vehicle sticker? Hybrid vehicles no longer have access to high-occupancy vehicle (HOV) lanes. Read more about how to remove your stickers without damaging your vehicle.
- Interested in purchasing an electric vehicle? Make sure to check out the numerous incentive programs which help to offset purchase costs and save on petroleum fuel.
- Use Google Maps to discover the best way to get where you’re going via car, public transit, or bike.
- If you drive with others, beat the gridlock and use the high-occupancy vehicle (HOV) lanes throughout the Bay Area.
- Work in downtown San Francisco? Connect with a casual carpool group.
- Learn about Spare the Air and sign up to be a part of the solution.
- Use the California Air Resources Board’s DriveClean Buying Guide to find the cleanest, most efficient cars on the market.
Tips for drivers
Even if you’re driving, there are still ways to reduce emissions. Three things you can do:
- Drive slower and maintain the manufacturer’s suggested air pressure in your tires
- Link personal and non-work errands together
- Service your car quarterly