Still need to drive? We get it. Here are some options to make your trip a clean trip while saving some money.
Give Someone a Ride
Drive an Electric Vehicle
- Cash rebates & incentives makes it more affordable
- Newer 100% EVs are HOV & express lane eligible
- Never buy gas again
- No tailpipe emissions
- Minimal maintenance costs
Get the Latest Data for Your Commute
- Traffic.511.org: A real-time Bay Area traffic map
- SFGate.com/traffic: A real-time traffic map that includes a list of current incidents
- maps.google.com: Use Google Maps to see an overlay of traffic congestion and incidents
HOV Lanes, Express Lanes & FasTrak®
Faster commutes reduce driving time and generate less air polution.
Express lanes are toll-free for carpools, vanpools, eligible clean-air vehicles, buses and motorcycles.
Solo drivers must pay tolls during peak hours using a standard FasTrak or FasTrak Flex toll tag set to ‘1’.
Bay Area HOV Lanes & Express Lanes
HOV Lanes – blue • Express Lanes – red