Vanpooling lets you avoid wear and tear on your personal vehicle while reducing traffic congestion and air pollution. Share the ride to lower the cost of your commute and take advantage of cash incentives for vanpool passengers and drivers.
- Vanpooling: Save Time, Save Money
- Join a Vanpool and Save
- Start a New Vanpool
- Vanpool Lease Rebates up to $2,400
- Earn an Extra $1,000
- Let Us Help
- Learn more about the 511 SF Bay Area Vanpool Program
- Commute with Enterprise
Vanpooling: Save Time, Save Money
Ridesharing is a growing trend in the San Francisco Bay Area and across the nation which can help you:
- Save time by using Express Lanes and HOV lanes
- Save money on gas and parking
- Reduce wear and tear on your personal vehicle, and
- Work, read or nap on the way to work
Join a Vanpool and Save
If you join a vanpool, 511 Contra Costa will pay half your costs for the first three months. To qualify, your vanpool must have a Contra Costa County origin or destination, and you cannot have been a member of a vanpool in the last six months or have claimed this benefit previously.
For Current Vanpool Riders: If you recently joined a vanpool, apply for the Vanpool Passenger Incentive.
Find a Vanpool Headed Your Way:
- Vanpooling: Seats Available shows regional vanpool routes with available seats.
- Dial ‘511’ on your phone and say ‘Rideshare’ to receive a free, customized list of vanpools going your way. Also, ask your employer about vanpools.
Start a New Vanpool
Vanpool Lease Rebates up to $2,400
Start a new vanpool with a Contra Costa County origin or destination and get up to $200 a month towards your lease payment for the first year!‡
‡While program funds last
Earn an Extra $1,000
Drivers who start a new vanpool and keep it on the road for a year could be eligible to receive a $1,000 cash bonus.*
* To qualify, the vanpool must have a Contra Costa County origin or destination, and you cannot have been a member of a vanpool in the last six months. You may only participate in this program one time.
Let Us Help
For assistance on financial incentives or available pre-tax benefits for vanpooling, call (925) 973-2655 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn More About the 511 SF Bay Area Vanpool Program
- Find seven passengers (including the driver). 511 SF Bay will help you recruit passengers once you’ve registered your vanpool.
- Connect with 511 SF Bay to start and register your owner-operator vanpool. Learn more and complete the vanpool forms here.
- Rent a van with Commute with Enterprise to form a vanpool. Get started.
- Find more tools for vanpool drivers at 511 SF Bay.
Commute With Enterprise
The Bay Area Vanpool Program has partnered with Commute With Enterprise to provide an all-inclusive option to make vanpooling easy.
A Commute With Enterprise vanpool comes with a newer model, low-mileage van or SUV, with roadside assistance and maintenance included. The Bay Area Vanpool Program provides a monthly subsidy of up to $350 for Commute With Enterprise vanpools. Click here to view details on the program, or visit the Commute With Enterprise webpage.