You’re Guaranteed a Ride Home!
Do you walk, bicycle, carpool, vanpool or take public transit to work, but worry about being stranded during an emergency? 511 Contra Costa’s Guaranteed Ride Home (GRH) program alleviates this problem by providing “commuter insurance” for alternative commuters who need a ride home due to unexpected circumstances.
The program is free to commuters who work in Contra Costa County and participants can use the program up to six (6) times in a calendar year.
Once you’ve made the trip (save your receipt!), fill out the Reimbursement Form.
The terms are simple.
- Participants must pre-register in the program. There is no cost to employers or employees to participate.
- Participants are eligible to use the guaranteed ride home as long as they have used a commute alternative on the day they need assistance.
- We will accept reimbursement requests for trips using: taxi, rental car, rideshare technology apps (Uber, Lyft, etc.).
You will be reimbursed for the trip home if:
- You or an immediate family member suffers an illness, injury, or severe crisis
- You are asked by your supervisor to work unscheduled overtime
- Your ridesharing vehicle breaks down or the driver has to leave early
- You have a break-in, flood, or fire at your residence
The Guaranteed Ride Home MAY NOT BE USED FOR:
- Personal errands
- Pre-planned medical or dental appointments for participants or commute vehicle driver.
- Business-related travel
- Working overtime without a supervisor’s request
- Non-emergency side trips on the way home
- Ambulance service
- Trips to work
Mail: 511 Contra Costa GRH Program, 6333 Potrero Avenue, Ste 100 El Cerrito, CA 94530