You’re Guaranteed a Ride Home!
Do you walk, bicycle, carpool, vanpool or take public transit to work, but worry about being stranded during an emergency? 511 Contra Costa’s Guaranteed Ride Home (GRH) program alleviates this problem by providing “commuter insurance” for alternative commuters who need a ride home due to unexpected circumstances.
The program is free to commuters who work in Contra Costa County and participants can use the program up to six (6) times in a calendar year.
Don’t work in Contra Costa? Apply for the program in your county of employment using the table below.
|Alameda County Guaranteed Ride Home|
|Marin County Emergency Ride Home|
|San Francisco County Emergency Ride Home|
|Santa Clara County Emergency Ride Home|
|Solano County Emergency Ride Home|
Once you’ve made the trip (save your receipt!), fill out the Reimbursement Form.
The terms are simple.
- Participants must pre-register in the program. There is no cost to employers or employees to participate.
- Participants are eligible to use the guaranteed ride home as long as they have used a commute alternative on the day they need assistance.
- Participants are allowed to use the program a maximum of 6 times per calendar year (January-December).
- We will accept reimbursement requests for trips using: taxi, rental car, rideshare technology apps (Uber, Lyft, etc.).
- The first two (2) trips are reimbursed at 100% of the GRH trip (max. reimbursement: $150.00 per trip); the next four (4) reimbursements will be at 75% of the GRH trip (max. reimbursement: $100.00 per trip). The program does not cover tips.
You will be reimbursed for the trip home if:
- You or an immediate family member suffers an illness, injury, or severe crisis
- You are asked by your supervisor to work unscheduled overtime
- Your ridesharing vehicle breaks down or the driver has to leave early
- You have a break-in, flood, or fire at your residence
The Guaranteed Ride Home MAY NOT BE USED FOR:
- Personal errands
- Pre-planned medical or dental appointments for participants or commute vehicle driver.
- Business-related travel
- Working overtime without a supervisor’s request
- Non-emergency side trips on the way home
- Ambulance service
- Trips to work
Mail: 511 Contra Costa GRH Program, 6333 Potrero Avenue, Ste 100 El Cerrito, CA 94530