Latest Guaranteed Ride Home News
The idea of using public transit, carpooling, or vanpooling may sound great, but what if you’re stranded at work during a family emergency? 511 Contra Costa’s guaranteed ride home program is an “insurance policy” against being stuck without a way to get home. Note: the Countywide 511 Contra Costa GRH program is only valid for worksites in Contra Costa.
The terms are simple.
- Participants must pre-register in the program. There is no cost to employers or employees to participate.
- Participants are eligible to use the guaranteed ride home as long as they have used a commute alternative on the day they need assistance.
You will be reimbursed for the trip home if:
- You or an immediate family member suffers an illness, injury, or severe crisis
- You are asked by your supervisor to work unscheduled overtime
- Your ridesharing vehicle breaks down or the driver has to leave early
- You have a break-in, flood, or fire at your residence
The Guaranteed Ride Home MAY NOT BE USED FOR:
- Personal errands
- Pre-planned medical or dental appointments for participants or commute vehicle driver.
- Business-related travel
- Working overtime without a supervisor’s request
- Non-emergency side trips on the way home
- Ambulance service
Mail: 511 Contra Costa GRH Program, 13831 San Pablo Avenue, San Pablo, CA 94806