You’re Guaranteed a Ride Home!
Do you walk, bicycle, carpool, vanpool or take public transit to work, but worry about being stranded during an emergency? 511 Contra Costa’s Guaranteed Ride Home (GRH) program alleviates this problem by providing “commuter insurance” for alternative commuters who need a ride home due to unexpected circumstances.
The program is free to commuters who work in Contra Costa County and participants can use the program up to six (6) times in a calendar year.
Effective 2015-2016 school year, the Guaranteed Ride Home program is available to full-time students (18 years or older) of Contra Costa College in San Pablo, CA.
UPDATE your GRH Account.
Effective January 14, 2015, all existing registrants of the GRH program are required to UPDATE their account. The GRH system has been upgraded for an improved and more efficient user experience. In order to continue to take advantage of the GRH program benefits, you must update your account using the email address used to initially register for the program. If you do not remember the email address, you can create a new account. If you have any questions or issues updating your account, please contact (510) 210-5930. NOTE: Office is closed on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
Once you’ve made the trip (save your receipt!), fill out the Reimbursement Form.
The terms are simple.
- Participants must pre-register in the program. There is no cost to employers or employees to participate.
- Participants are eligible to use the guaranteed ride home as long as they have used a commute alternative on the day they need assistance.
- We will accept reimbursement requests for trips using: taxi, rental car, app-based or carshare options in the transportation network.
You will be reimbursed for the trip home if:
- You or an immediate family member suffers an illness, injury, or severe crisis
- You are asked by your supervisor to work unscheduled overtime
- Your ridesharing vehicle breaks down or the driver has to leave early
- You have a break-in, flood, or fire at your residence
The Guaranteed Ride Home MAY NOT BE USED FOR:
- Personal errands
- Pre-planned medical or dental appointments for participants or commute vehicle driver.
- Business-related travel
- Working overtime without a supervisor’s request
- Non-emergency side trips on the way home
- Ambulance service
Below is the eligibility criteria:
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must not hold a single occupant vehicle parking permit
- Must be enrolled full-time at Contra Costa College (San Pablo, CA)
- Must use alternative transportation to school at least 3 times per week
If you do not meet the criteria and provide false information, we will eliminate you from the program and any other 511 Contra Costa commute incentive programs.
Mail: 511 Contra Costa GRH Program, 6333 Potrero Avenue, Ste 100 El Cerrito, CA 94530