- Participants are encouraged to pre-register in the program. There is no cost to employers or employees to participate.
- Participants may submit one (1) reimbursement request from before they registered. The request must be for a trip that occurred within 30 days of submission.
- Participants are eligible to use the Guaranteed Ride Home (GRH) as long as they have used a qualified commute on the day they need assistance.
- Qualified commutes include carpool, vanpool, shuttles, transit (bus, BART, ferry, train), bicycling, and walking, and commute apps that are specifically for carpooling (such as Scoop and Waze Carpool).
- Non-qualified commutes include driving alone, motorcycles, and ridehailing apps (such as Uber or Lyft)
- Emergency-related side trips – such as picking up a sick child from school or getting a prescription filled at a pharmacy – are permitted.
- Only emergency rides home for commutes that originate in Contra Costa County are eligible for reimbursement, unless the county of origin does not have a Guaranteed Ride Home program.
- We will accept reimbursement requests for trips using: ridehailing services (Uber, Lyft, etc.) taxi, bike rental, public transit. Car rentals may be eligible for reimbursement if no other means are reasonably available, but car rental fuel costs will not be paid.
- If participating in the college Guaranteed Ride Home, the college must have a physical location in Contra Costa County.
- Participants can be reimbursed a maximum of six times per calendar year (January-December).
- The first two trips each year are reimbursed at 100% of the trip cost to a maximum reimbursement of $150.00 per trip. The remaining four reimbursements will be at 75% of the trip cost to a maximum reimbursement of $100.00 per trip. The program does not cover tips or reimburse for discounts from coupons/promotional credits.
- 511 Contra Costa may contact your employer to verify employment information or information on a reimbursement claim.
- You acknowledge that participating in GRH does not come without risk and that 511 Contra Costa, its supporting agencies, and its funders are not liable for any damages that may occur while participating in this program.
Terms and Conditions:
The GRH program is available to employees, 18 years and older, who travel to and from their workplace by carpool (including carpool apps but not including single passenger ridehailing services such as Uber or Lyft), vanpool, public transportation, walking or bicycling. Participants must agree to, on behalf of their heirs, successors, or assigns, release, indemnify and hold harmless their employer, 511 Contra Costa, the West Contra Costa Transportation Advisory Committee (WCCTAC), Southwest Area Transportation (SWAT), Transportation Partnership and Cooperation (TRANSPAC), TRANSPLAN, Advanced Mobility Group (AMG), and Contra Costa Transportation Authority (CCTA) from any and all claims, and demands of any kind whatsoever, including but not limited to, any liability for personal injury, loss, theft or damage to personal property, loss of income, consequential damages resulting from use of the program or delays or absence and/or termination of the service. Furthermore, participants understand that if they incorrectly use this service, they may be restricted from using GRH again.
511 Contra Costa and its partners, including WCCTAC, will not share your personal information with any third parties, aside from what is necessary to process a reimbursement claim or otherwise fulfill the intent of the program. We may contact your employer to verify the veracity of a claim or to verify employment status and/or employment location.
We reserve the right to alter the terms of this program.
All Guaranteed Ride Home reimbursements are subject to funding availability.
By applying for this incentive, you agree to receive email communications from 511 Contra Costa. You can opt-out at any time.