New Year’s Eve 2019 & New Year’s Day 2020 Transit Schedules
On New Year’s Day 2020, all transit agencies serving Contra Costa County will be on Sunday or Holiday schedules, except for County Connection and the Richmond Ferry, which will offer no service. On New Year’s Eve 2019, Tuesday, December 31, BART will offer regular weekday service until 8pm, then special service until 3am. Wheels and WestCAT are the only agencies providing modified or holiday service on Tuesday. All other agencies will be on a regular weekday schedule.
Special Note Regarding BART: San Francisco-bound Antioch and Richmond trains will not stop at Embarcadero Station after 8pm on New Year’s Eve. Passengers may exit at Montgomery Street Station for the fireworks show.
After the San Francisco fireworks show is over, passengers bound for Antioch and Richmond must use Montgomery Street Station. Trains on these lines will not stop at Embarcadero Station on their way out of San Francisco.
- Muni will be offering free travel from 8pm New Year’s Eve until 5am the following morning. During the free service hours, there is no need to tag your Clipper card or activate a MuniMobile ticket.
- AC Transit is also offering free rides from 8pm New Year’s Eve until 5am New Year’s Day.
Click any link below for additional schedule information.
New Year’s Eve (Tues., December 31)
- Dial-A-Ride, Local Fixed Route, C3, JPX, 30Z, JX – Modified Service 7pm close (approx.)
- Lynx- Limited Service (last outbound from SF at 8PM)
- JR/JL – Regular Service
- No other service
- Wheels (LAVTA): Routes 1, 3, 8, 10R, 14, 15, and 30R on a weekend schedule; no other service
- All other transit on regular Tuesday schedule
New Year’s Day (Wed., January 1)
- BART: Sunday service and free parking at BART stations
- AC Transit: Sunday service
- WestCAT: Sunday service
- County Connection: No service
- Tri Delta Transit: Routes 392, 393, 394, 395 & 396 on a Sunday schedule; no other service
- Richmond Ferry: No service
- Wheels (LAVTA): Routes 10R, 14, 15, and 30R on a weekend schedule; no other service
- Capitol Corridor: Weekend/Holiday service