Free Bus Passes for Students
What is Pass2Class?
Pass2Class offers free bus passes to Contra Costa students at the beginning of the school year to encourage the use of bus transportation to and from school. Pass2Class reduces traffic congestion and air pollution by reducing the number of cars being driven to school.
The 2023 program offers free County Connection, Tri Delta Transit, WestCAT, or AC Transit bus passes for up to two (2) students per household for up to two months.
Pass2Class applications for the 2023/2024 school year have closed.
Please check back next year.
First, choose the city where your student attends school:
Pass2Class Eligibility Requirements
The application must be completed by a parent / guardian.
- The parent/guardian must agree to have their student take the bus for travel to and from school instead of being driven in a family vehicle.
- Students must be 19 years of age or younger and enrolled in a public or private school (grades 1-12) located in Contra Costa County.
- The parent/guardian must agree to complete a follow-up survey and agree to receive 511 Contra Costa’s monthly e-newsletter.
- The application will open July 6, 2023 and will close no later than October 14, 2023, or when supplies run out, whichever comes first.
- Each student, up to two (2) students per household, is eligible to receive:
- Two (2) AC Transit 31-day passes, or
- Two (2) WestCAT 31-day passes, or
- Two (2) Tri Delta Transit 20-ride passes, or
- A County Connection pass valid through October 31, 2023.
- Passes are generally mailed within a week of receipt of a valid application.
- Falsifying any information on this application will disqualify you from the Pass2Class program and ALL 511 Contra Costa programs.
- 511 Contra Costa has the right to make any changes to the program’s eligibility requirements and program rules at any time without prior notice.
- The transit passes will be sent directly to the student’s home address listed on the application.
- 511 Contra Costa reserves the right to verify student enrollment.
- Passes available while supplies last.
Pass2Class is made available with funding from Contra Costa Transportation Authority and the Bay Area Air Quality Management District.