Drive less and make a difference!
Make the change from a drive-alone commute to carpooling, vanpooling, taking transit, bicycling or walking and you could be eligible for a $25 Drive Less Commuter Incentive. Driving less reduces traffic congestion and air pollution.
What’s the incentive?
Eligible participants who pledge to try a new way to get to work at least one day a week will receive their choice of $25 gift cards. Select from a Clipper card, Starbucks, Amazon, or Target. Or, if you want to multiply the effect of your greenhouse gas reduction, you can use your Drive Less Incentive to plant 25 trees through One Tree Planted. You’ll be asked to make your incentive choice when you apply. Program and eligibility rules apply.
Who is eligible for the incentive?
You are eligible if you:
- Live or work in Contra Costa County, and;
- Are 18 years of age or older, and;
- You would otherwise drive alone or use Uber/Lyft for trips to work if this incentive were not available, and;
- Agree to complete a brief program follow-up survey, and;
- Agree to receive email communications from 511CC – opt out at any time.
What are the program rules?
- One incentive per funding year is available per person and per household. 511 Contra Costa’s funding limits some incentives to one per person per funding year.
- The incentive is available for commute trips only. Employer-provided and paid buses and shuttles do not qualify. Unlicensed child passengers do not constitute a carpool and thus do not qualify the driver for the incentive.
- 511 Contra Costa may request verification of the information you provide. Falsifying any information will disqualify you from all 511 Contra Costa programs and promotions.
- 511 Contra Costa reserves the right to make changes to or terminate this program at any time without prior notification.
The Drive Less Incentive is made available with funding from Contra Costa Transportation Authority and the Bay Area Air Quality Management District