Drive less and make a difference with commute alternatives!
Make the change from driving alone to carpooling, vanpooling, taking transit, bicycling or walking for your work commute and you could be eligible to receive the $25 Drive Less Commuter Incentive. Whether you make the switch one day out of the week or five days a week, driving less can make a difference!
Am I eligible to receive the incentive?
You are eligible to receive the incentive if you:
- Live or work in Contra Costa County and,
- Are a licensed driver and 18 years of age or older and,
- Own or have access to a vehicle and would otherwise drive alone to work and,
- Are currently driving alone to work and wish to try an alternative to driving alone to/from work and,
- Agree to complete a brief survey to assess the effectiveness of the program.
What are the program rules?
- One person and per household is eligible to receive an incentive during the current fiscal year, while funding is available.
- For work commute trips only.
- 511 Contra Costa may request verification of the information you provide.
- Falsifying any information will disqualify you from all 511 Contra Costa programs and promotions.
- 511 Contra Costa reserves the right to make any changes to or to terminate this program at any time without prior notification.
- Employer-provided and paid buses and shuttles do not qualify for this incentive.
- If you have received any 511 Contra Costa promotion or program incentives from July 1, 2020-June 30, 2021, you are not eligible to receive this incentive.
- Non-licensed child passengers do not constitute a carpool and thus do not qualify the driver for the incentive. Children do constitute a carpool when using HOV lanes and bridge toll lanes.
What’s the incentive?
Eligible participants could receive $25. The incentive will be sent to the mailing address provided on the application. Please allow a minimum of 15 business days for delivery.
If you want to multiply the effect of your greenhouse gas reduction, you can use your Drive Less Incentive to plant 25 trees through One Tree Planted. You’ll be asked to make your choice at the end of the application form.
Participants must meet the eligibility requirements and program rules stated above.
The Drive Less incentive is made available with funding from Contra Costa Transportation Authority and the Bay Area Air Quality Management District.