Enter to Win a $250 Back-to-School Shopping Spree at Target.
What is SchoolPool?
SchoolPool is a youth carpool promotion for Contra Costa residents to encourage shared rides to and from school and after-school activities. Carpooling with riders from two or more separate households reduces the number of cars in the school zone. It improves air quality in classrooms, reduces traffic congestion in neighborhoods, saves fuel, and provides some fun social time for students.
SchoolPool applications have closed
Congratulations to the winners of the SchoolPool Carpool to School $250 Target gift cards:
- Peter, Alamo
- Elvira, Antioch
- Alek, Clayton
- Sudha, Concord
- Mayra, El Sobrante
- Marnie, Martinez
- Nicole, Oakley
- Taneya, Pittsburg
- Marlene, Richmond
- Li, San Ramon
All drivers should agree to basic safety protocols.
- Avoid cell phones while driving.
- BUCKLE UP and use booster seats appropriately.
- Obey speed limits and school drop-off rules.
- When dropping children at home, make sure they are safely inside before leaving.
- Agree to a schedule and decide in advance what to do in cases of emergencies or absences.
- Give as much notice as possible if you need to change the schedule.
- Share contact info with all members of the carpool.
- Create a group chat for easy communication.
- Touch base periodically to make sure the carpool is working for everyone.
Be Reliable, On Time, and Courteous
- Create a “carpool alarm” on your phone to help you leave on time.
- Establish passenger behavior expectations from the beginning.
SchoolPool Eligibility Requirements
- The application must be completed by a parent, guardian, or student aged 18 or older.
- Applicant must agree to have their student participate in a carpool that includes people from at least one other household for travel to/from school and/or after school activities, at least once per week.
- Participants may be drivers, passengers, or both.
- Students of all ages who would otherwise get to school by personal vehicle are eligible carpool participants.
- Students must attend school or live in Contra Costa County.
- The applicant must agree to complete a follow-up survey and agree to receive 511 Contra Costa’s monthly e-newsletter (opt out at any time).
- The promotion runs August 1 – October 13, 2023.
- One application allowed per family.
- Ten winners will be selected by random drawing on October 13, 2023. Winners will be notified by email and issued a $250 electronic gift card for Target. Winners’ first names and home cities will be posted on this webpage.
- 511 Contra Costa reserves the right to verify student enrollment.
- Falsifying any information on this application will disqualify you from being entered in the SchoolPool $250 Back-to-School Shopping Spree drawing and ALL 511 Contra Costa programs.
- 511 Contra Costa has the right to make any changes to the program’s eligibility requirements and program rules at any time without prior notice.
SchoolPool is made available with funding from Contra Costa Transportation Authority and the Bay Area Air Quality Management District’s Transportation Fund for Clean Air.