Calling all student artists!
We need your creative talent to design a cool graphic to be featured on the 511 Contra Costa reusable bag that is distributed across Central and East Contra Costa County. The winning artist will receive a $50 gift card to the movies and his/her artwork featured in the latest edition of our reusable bag!
“Explore New Ways to Get Around”: carpool, transit, bike, skateboard and walk. Your artwork should show how these ways environmentally-friendly ways of getting around help reduce pollution and promote cleaner air.
What are the requirements?
- Use the 17×11 cardstock paper supplied by 511 Contra Costa.
- Use of up to three (3) colors is allowed. (Note: Black is considered one color. You can use the white background of the paper as another source of color.)
- Include three (3) logos in the artwork:
4. Sign your work!
What are the contest rules?
- Artwork contest ends Friday, February 28, 2014. Entries due by 5 pm Thursday, February 27, 2014 at City of Antioch City Hall; or Friday, 12:00 noon,February 28, 2014 at 511 Contra Costa in Pleasant Hill.
- Artwork submitted must be from a student enrolled in a middle school within the cities of Antioch, Brentwood, Clayton, Concord, Martinez, Oakley, Pittsburg, Pleasant Hill, Walnut Creek and the surrounding unincorporated areas.
- He/she must have permission of parent/guardian to enter in the contest by acknowledging and signing the Parent Guardian Release Form.
- Artwork entries must be original art. Multiple entries are allowed.
- All entries submitted become the property of Streets Smarts Diablo and 511 Contra Costa and will not be returned.
- Participation in this contest constitutes student’s full unconditional agreement and acceptance of the contest rules.
- Street Smarts Diablo and 511 Contra Costa assumes no responsibility for lost, stolen, damaged, illegible or incomplete submittals.
- The decision made by Street Smarts Diablo and 511 Contra Costa is final, including the right to make any changes to or to terminate this contest at any time without prior notification.
- Winner will be notified by phone, email and/or written notice sent by USPS on or before Friday, March 28, 2014.
What do I need?
You will find the following useful for the contest.
Where do I DROP OFF my artwork?
511 Contra Costa
2300 Contra Costa Blvd. Suite 110
Pleasant Hill, CA 94523
Monday – Thursday: 8am – 4pm
Friday: 8am – Noon
City of Antioch City Hall
Monday – Thursday: 8am – 5pm
Have any questions?
Please contact Leona Gee at 925.969.0841 x205 or email@example.com.