Below is the anticipated schedule of upcoming westbound ramp and lane closures associated with work on the Caldecott Fourth Bore Project for the week of April 23-27, 2012. Please note that inclement weather may cause schedule changes.
Monday, April 23 – Thursday, April 26
- Overnight Westbound Fish Ranch Road Onramp Closures (in Orinda): Occurring nightly, 9 PM – 5 AM
- Overnight Closures of right lanes on Westbound State Route 24 from Camino Pablo Onramp (in Orinda) to Bore Three (towards Oakland): Occurring nightly, 9:30 PM – 4 AM
- Overnight Bore Three Closures (towards Oakland): Occurring nightly, 10 PM – 4 AM
Friday, April 27 – Saturday, April 28
Please note: On Friday night (April 27) closures of the above lanes and ramps are planned to begin one hour later than the Monday-Thursday schedule. The anticipated reopening times are:
- Westbound Fish Ranch Road Onramp in Orinda expected to reopen at 8 AM on Saturday, April 28.
- Westbound State Route 24 right lanes between Camino Pablo onramp in Orinda and Bore #3 expected to reopen at 7 AM on Saturday, April 28.
- Bore #3 (towards Oakland) expected to reopen at 7 AM on Saturday, April 28.
In addition to the excavation of a 3,400-foot-long tunnel north of the existing three bores, the $391.8 million Caldecott Fourth Bore Project includes traffic improvements on the eastern and western sides of the tunnel.
For more information on the upcoming closures visit the Caldecott Tunnel Traffic Page.