Drive less and make a difference with commute alternatives!
Make the change from driving alone to carpooling, vanpooling, taking transit, bicycling or walking for your work commute and you could be eligible to receive the $25 Drive Less Commuter Incentive. Whether you make the switch one day out of the week or five days a week, driving less can make a difference!
Am I eligible to receive the incentive?
You are eligible to receive the incentive if you:
- Live or work in Contra Costa County and,
- Are a licensed driver and 18 years of age or older and,
- Own or have access to a vehicle and would otherwise drive alone to work and,
- Are currently driving alone to work and wish to try an alternative to driving alone to/from work and,
- Agree to complete a brief survey to assess the effectiveness of the program.
What are the program rules?
- One person and per household is eligible to receive an incentive during the current fiscal year, while funding is available.
- For work commute trips only.
- 511 Contra Costa may request verification of the information you provide.
- Falsifying any information will disqualify you from all 511 Contra Costa programs and promotions.
- 511 Contra Costa reserves the right to make any changes to or to terminate this program at any time without prior notification.
- Employer-provided and paid buses and shuttles do not qualify for this incentive.
- If you have received any 511 Contra Costa promotion or program incentives from July 1, 2019-June 30, 2020, you are not eligible to receive this incentive.
- Non-licensed child passengers do not constitute a carpool and thus do not qualify the driver for the incentive. Children do constitute a carpool when using HOV lanes and bridge toll lanes.
What’s the incentive?
Eligible participants could receive $25. The incentive will be mailed to the mailing address provided on the application. Please allow a minimum of 15 business days for delivery. Participants must meet the eligibility requirements and program rules stated above.