Free Bus Passes for Students
What is Pass2Class?
Pass2Class offers free bus passes to Contra Costa students at the beginning of the school year to encourage the use of bus transportation to and from school. Pass2Class reduces traffic congestion and air pollution by reducing the number of cars being driven to school.
Applications for the 2021/2022 school year have closed. Pass2Class will be back next year!
First, choose the city where your student attends school:
Pass2Class Eligibility Requirements
The application must be completed by a parent / guardian.
- The parent/guardian must agree to have their student take the bus for travel to and from school instead of being driven in a family vehicle.
- Students must be registered in a public or private school (grades 1-12) located in Contra Costa County.
- The parent/guardian must agree to complete a follow-up survey and agree to receive 511 Contra Costa’s monthly e-newsletter.
- The application will open July 15, 2021 and will close no later than October 15, 2021, or when supplies run out, whichever comes first.
- Each student, up to two (2) students per household, is eligible to receive:
- Two (2) AC Transit 31-day passes, or
- Two (2) WestCAT 31-day passes, or
- Two (2) Tri Delta Transit 20-ride passes, or
- A County Connection pass valid through October 31, 2021.
- Falsifying any information on this application will disqualify you from the Pass2Class program and ALL 511 Contra Costa programs.
- 511 Contra Costa has the right to make any changes to the program’s eligibility requirements and program rules at any time without prior notice.
- The transit passes will be sent directly to the student’s home address listed on the application.
- 511 Contra Costa reserves the right to verify student enrollment.
- Passes available while supplies last.
Pass2Class is made available with funding from Contra Costa Transportation Authority and the Bay Area Air Quality Management District.