BART will run around the clock during the Bay Bridge Closure scheduled for this Labor Day Weekend. The Bay Bridge will be closed to take the original East Span out of service and to open the new East Span to traffic. Here’s what’s you need to know.
Wednesday, August 28
8 PM: Bay Bridge closes to all traffic in both directions. Read more about the closure at http://baybridgeinfo.org/
Thursday, August 29 – Monday, September 2
BART will run 24 hours a day with limited service at the following 14 stations and with transfers only at MacArthur Station:
- 12th St./Oakland City Center
- Bay Fair
- Coliseum/Oakland Airport
- Downtown Berkeley
- El Cerrito del Norte
- MacArthur (T)
- Walnut Creek
- 24th St. Mission
- Daly City
- Powell St.
- San Francisco International Airport
Download BART’s detailed schedule to see exact times for each station.
Note: Trains will not run overnight Monday into Tuesday so BART may carry out required maintenance work and inspections.
On Monday, Labor Day, September 2, BART will run trains on a Saturday schedule.
Tuesday, September 3
5 AM: Bay Bridge reopens. Following the safe rerouting of traffic to the new East Span, the original East Span will be demolished, a process will take approximately three years.
For more information, visit bart.gov.
WestCAT will not operate LYNX service during this weekend’s San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge Closure. The bridge will be closed to both directions starting Wednesday, August 28th at 8:00 PM through Tuesday, September 3rd at 5:00 AM.
During the Bay Bridge closure, WestCAT transbay LYNX service will not operate from Thursday, August 29, 2013 through Monday, September 2, 2013.
For Thursday and Friday, customers trying to get to San Francisco are being advised to catch a JX bus to the El Cerrito del Norte BART that has been revised to accommodate customers along the LYNX route in Rodeo and Hercules. Monday is Labor Day and the only WestCAT service operating on that day will be the Route J on a Sunday schedule.
The JX route will operate as follows:
- In the AM outbound trip toward BART, Route JX will serve the LYNX stops at Willow Ave., Victoria by the Bay, the Hercules Transit Center, and El Cerrito del Norte BART where they can catch a train to San Francisco, Thurs, 8/29/13 through Fri, 8/30/13 from 5:09 AM—8:40 AM
- In the AM inbound trip from BART, Route JX will serve the El Cerrito del Norte BART, the Hercules Transit Center, Bio Rad, and Willow Avenue, Thursday, 8/29/13 through Friday, 8/30/13 from 5:41 AM—8:11 AM
- In the PM inbound trip from BART, Route JX will serve the El Cerrito del Norte BART, the Hercules Transit Center, Willow Avenue, and Victoria by the Bay, Thursday, 8/29/13 through Friday from 8/30/13, 3:39 PM—8:36 PM
- In the PM outbound trip toward BART, Route JX will serve the LYNX stops at Willow Ave., Victoria by the Bay, Bio Rad, and the Hercules Transit Center, and will then continue on to El Cerrito del Norte BART, Thursday, 8/29/13 through Friday, 8/30/13 from 4:04 PM—8:19 PM
See our route schedules online at www.westcat.org for specific departure times.
Additionally, WestCAT LYNX customers can take Routes JPX and J to El Cerrito del Norte BART.
The WestCAT LYNX 31-day pass is valid for use on all of WestCAT’s routes. During the bridge closure, customers with a valid 10-ride LYNX pass should not insert the pass into the farebox, but instead “flash” the pass to the driver.
Please be advised that in observance of Labor Day the only WestCAT service to operate on Monday, September 2nd will be the Route JR/JL on a Sunday schedule.
- Call 511
- Visit the “Labor Day 2013 Bay Bridge Closure” page on 511.org
- Contact WestCAT Customer Service at: 510-724-7993
- Visit www.westcat.org