Monday, September 14, was the first day for BART’s new train schedule, designed to provide crowding relief while the Bay waits for the Fleet of the Future to arrive. The number of cars scheduled to be in service during the rush hours will be at a record high, with additional improvements provided during non-peak hours.
Service Improvement Highlights
- Rush hour trains added to Pittsburg/Bay Point to SFO line
- Richmond to Millbrae line direct weekday service extended to 9pm
- Train cars added during rush hours to all other transbay routes
- The elimination of the three car train
- More show-up-and-go service for BART to OAK
Pittsburg/Bay Point Line
All rush hour Pittsburg/Bay Point- San Francisco International Airport (SFO) line trains, which operate end-to-end, will be lengthened to the maximum length of 10 cars. These transbay trains also serve riders transferring from the Richmond Line in Oakland.
BART will keep trains long for an additional 15 minutes during weekday mornings on the Pittsburg/Bay Point line to accommodate the increase in riders travelling later in the morning.
Richmond-Millbrae service will be extended by one hour on weekday evenings, meaning an extra hour of direct service. The last train will depart Millbrae for Richmond at 9:01pm and Embarcadero at 9:33pm.
All three-car trains will be lengthened to four cars on the Richmond/Fremont line during all non-commute times, marking the end of the three-car train at BART.
For more information, read the full story on BART.gov.
Wheels (LAVTA) – The Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority is making minor changes to several of its regular and school-focused bus routes effective Saturday, February 21:
- Route 2 – The afternoon schedule has been modified to improve timings for Fallon Middle School students; trips now depart E Dublin BART at 30 minutes past each hour instead of at the hour.
- Route 9 – Trips that previously operated as Route 70X now operate as Route 9 in the Hacienda Business Park. The Inglewood/Chabot loop has been discontinued.
- Route 10 – The morning starting time of service has been modified; westbound service now begins
approximately 30 minutes later, while eastbound service starts approximately 30 minutes earlier than in the
- Route 11 – The previous 5:57am trip has been discontinued, and a new 8:12am trip added to the morning service. In the afternoon, all trips now depart the Transit Center 15 minutes later compared to the previous schedule.
- Route 70X – See notation for Route 9 above; passengers will continue to be able to travel between the Walnut Creek and Hacienda areas and vice versa without the need to transfer buses.
- Route 605 – The route has been extended to Martin Avenue, and now operates the segment similar to Route 608.
- Minor timing adjustments have been made to the schedules of routes 10, 12, 15, and Rapid.
Click here to see the full press release.
Tri Delta Transit – Tri Delta Transit will have a new schedule taking effect on Sunday, March 8. The new schedule will include:
- Time Changes: Routes 201, 300, 380, 385, 387, 388, 391
- NEW morning run on Route 385 EB. Service for Liberty High School Students
Printed schedules will be available on board buses the week of March 1. To request a schedule by mail, call 925-754-6622. Click here to view the new timetables.
County Connection – Thanks to the property owners in the Shadelands Business Park, County Connection’s Route 7 buses are now free to all passengers (effective February 16). Route 7 operates M-F every 15 minutes from approximately 6:30–10:00am and 3:00–7:30pm traveling between the Pleasant Hill BART station and the Shadelands Business Park via Treat Blvd and Oak Grove Road. To view the schedule and route map, click here.
AC Transit – Although AC Transit’s service expansion does not affect Contra Costa County directly, the addition of weekend service on Lines 46 and 339 make it possible to connect from BART to AC Transit to visit Chabot Space and Science Center and the Oakland Zoo, as well as other worship and recreational facilities.
The service expansion takes effect on Sunday, March 15 and affects Lines 72R, 46, 200, 212, 217, 339 and NL.