Earth Day Events
Wednesday, April 20
- Richmond: Drive Electric Event and E-Shuttle Launch – Join the City of Richmond for an outdoor event celebrating Earth Day and driving electric. The event will feature the official launch of Richmond MOVES, the city’s first electric on-demand shuttle service. The celebration will also offer attendees opportunities to learn about financing and rebate options for electric vehicles and electric bikes. Get information about the city’s various electric mobility programs, and meet electric vehicle owners and check out their vehicles. Richmond Civic Center, 450 Civic Center Plaza, 11:30am-1pm.
Friday, April 22
- East Bay Regional Parks: Visit the EBRPD Earth Day Programs & Activities page to see what outdoor events are happening Earth Day weekend.
- Richmond: Verde Elementary SR2S Street Clean-Up – Activities include weeding, picking up trash, and outreach. Tools will be provided. Free food for volunteers. 2000 Giaramita St, 3-5pm.
Saturday, April 23
- East Bay Regional Parks: In-Person Volunteer Projects – Since 1970 people have been celebrating the environmental movement by participating in volunteer events on and around Earth Day. Volunteer events in parks on April 23 include ones in Richmond and Oakley. Locations: Big Break, Point Pinole, Wildcat Canyon.
- Orinda: Miramonte HS Campus Cleanup – Take part in a campus-wide cleanup and beautification day. Volunteers are needed to work shifts of two or four hours between 9am and 1pm. Both gardening and clean-up projects will be tackled. Miramonte HS, 750 Moraga Way, 9am-1pm.
- Richmond: Earth Day at Greenway Gardens – Celebrate with activities for the entire family, including mural painting, planting a flower garden, beautifying the playground, and watershed swale planting and weeding. Unity Park Community Plaza, 16th St & Ohio Ave, 10am-2pm.
- Richmond: Verde Elementary SR2S Paint Day – Volunteers will paint sidewalks from Verde School to Shields-Reid Center with stencils. Tools will be provided. Free food for volunteers. 2000 Giaramita St, 3-5pm.
- Richmond: Wildcat Creek Cleanup – Show your love for the earth by helping to restore Wildcat Creek. Join friends and neighbors in removing trash and debris that harms wildlife and learn about plans to restore habitat for rainbow trout. Tools and gloves will be supplied. Lucky A’s North Richmond Baseball Field, 1925 Fred Jackson Way, 9am-11am.
- Walnut Creek: Earth Day at the Ruth Bancroft Garden – Celebrate Earth Day at the Garden on April 23. Water conservation and sustainability have always been a part of the Garden’s mission, and they want to spend Earth Day with the community. This is a free event that is open to the public, so feel free to bring your friends, family, and pets. Ruth Bancroft Garden, 1552 Bancroft Rd, 10am-1pm.
- Walnut Creek: Broadway Plaza’s Earth Day Celebration & Denim Drive – Join Broadway Plaza for an Earth Day Fair focused on raising awareness about the importance of protecting our planet. The Assistance League of Diablo Valley (ALDV) will be hosting a denim drive at the event. Bring your gently used denim and receive a reusable tote bag, while supplies last. Event Plaza, 1275 Broadway Plaza, 11am-2pm.
Saturday, April 30
- Lafayette: Lafayette Earth Day Celebration – Learn how you can be a hero for our planet at a family-friendly festival featuring kids activities, educational exhibits, a petting zoo, an electric vehicle show, food vendors, and more. Golden Gate Way by the Lafayette Library, 11am-2pm.