On Presidents’ Day (Monday, February 20), some transit agencies will provide regular weekday service while others will run on modified schedules.
Click any link below for additional schedule information.
Late Night BART Service from San Francisco: On New Years Eve, BART will run special 3-line service at 1am on the Orange, Yellow, and Blue lines. Timed transfers will be available at MacArthur, 12th St/Oakland, and Bay Fair. The last East Bay bound train will run through San Francisco around 1:30am. For full details, refer to this Twitter thread.
Free Rides on Transit: AC Transit, Caltrain, and SF Muni will all offer free rides starting at 8pm New Year’s Eve. AC Transit is offering free rides on all lines through 5am New Year’s Day, including AC Transit Transbay and Tempo lines. SF Muni will offer free rides on all lines until 5am New Year’s Day and Caltrain will offer free service on all trains until 3:30am New Year’s Day.
Click any link below for additional information.
New Year’s Eve Observed (Friday, December 30)
New Year’s Eve (Saturday, December 31)
- BART: Extended Saturday service (6am-1am + 1am special service)
- All other transit agencies serving Contra Costa will provide their regular Saturday service
New Year’s Day (Sunday, January 1)
New Year’s Day Observed (Monday, January 2)
- WestCAT: Lynx – Regular schedule; JR/JL, 11, 19, DAR – Saturday schedule
- Tri Delta Transit: Routes 380, 381, 388, 389, 391 & 395 on a Sunday schedule; limited Paratransit service
- County Connection: Weekend service (300 Series, Route 4 & Route 6)
- Capitol Corridor: Weekend/Holiday service
- Golden Gate Bus: Holiday service
- Wheels (LAVTA): All current Weekend schedules in effect
- All other transit agencies serving Contra Costa will provide their regular weekday service
For the month of October, all routes for WestCAT and County Connection will be fare-free. No ticket, pass, or coupon required – just get on the bus and enjoy a free ride. This includes County Connection paratransit service and WestCAT LYNX to San Francisco.
WestCAT 31-Day Pass Users: WestCAT is advising all 31-Day Pass users to delay activating any 31-Day Pass until this promotion is over to ensure they do not use a paid pass on any free-fare day. If you use a WestCAT 31-Day Pass on Clipper, you should temporarily disable Autoload to avoid paying in October.
Free Rides Year-Round on Select County Connection Routes: When October is over, you can still take advantage of County Connection’s seven fare-free routes serving Walnut Creek and the Monument Corridor.
Go Fare-Free: With gas prices still high, October is a great opportunity to save money by taking the bus – for commuting, errands, social outings, or whatever. And if you haven’t ridden transit in a while, it’s an excellent time to get back on board. For more information about fare-free October, click below.