On Christmas Day, all transit agencies serving Contra Costa County will be on Sunday or Holiday schedules. Modified service will be offered by some local transit agencies on the day before Christmas.
Click any link below for additional schedule information.
Christmas Eve (December 24)
- Tri Delta Transit: Routes 392, 393, 394 and 395 will operate on a Sunday schedule; no other service
- Wheels (LAVTA): Enhanced Saturday service; no service on Rapid
- DAR, Local Fixed Route, C3, JPX, 30Z, JX – Modified Holiday Service, 7pm Close (Approx.)
- LYNX – Limited Service
- Express J – Regular Service
- All other transit on regular weekday schedule (BART, AC Transit, County Connection, Capitol Corridor)
Christmas Day (December 25)
- All transit on regular Saturday schedule
On Christmas Day, all transit agencies serving Contra Costa County will be on Sunday or Holiday schedules. Modified service will be offered by some local transit agencies on the days before and after Christmas. Here are the holiday service changes for December 22-26th:
**All other transit agencies will offer regular weekday service on Christmas Eve (December 24)
- Capitol Corridor: Holiday Schedule
**All other transit agencies will offer regular weekday service on December 26
The County Connection is proposing services changes focused in Walnut Creek and Martinez with some changes in Concord and Pleasant Hill. Visit County Connection’s website for more information and to submit a comment.
The County Connection is proposing a service change in Martinez and Walnut Creek
Public workshops are scheduled to gather comments on proposed changes to routes in Walnut Creek and Martinez. Changes are proposed to improve performance and service quality. County Connection is seeking public comment on the proposed service changes.
Upcoming meeting dates and locations:
- Monday, March 17, 2014 – at Martinez City Hall, 525 Henrietta St. 4:00-6:00 PM
- Thursday, March 20, 2014 – Walnut Creek Library, 1644 Broadway 4:00-6:00 PM
Proposed Service Changes
- Re-route the #7 to provide more frequent and direct service between Pleasant Hill BART and Shadelands
- Eliminate route #2 and modify route #5 to provide more frequent and direct service to Walnut Creek BART
- Modifications to #18 and #28 to increase service to the retail centers on Arnold. Service on Howe Rd. would be eliminated.
- Eliminate route #19 and redirect service hours to new community shuttle route.
- New Community shuttle route would operate between downtown Martinez and retail on Arnold (Walmart and Village Oaks Shopping Center)
Click here to view detailed maps for the changes.
Comments can be submitted in writing, via email, or at the two schedule public hearings listed above.
Director of Planning
2477 Arnold Industrial Way
Concord, CA 64520