Many transit agencies serving Contra Costa County have returned to service levels at or near pre-pandemic levels. Additionally, BART’s August 2 restoration has caused a number of transit agencies to update their schedules to make connections to and from BART easier.
Here’s a quick look at recent service restorations and schedule changes in Contra Costa. Click any link below for more information.
- BART – BART returned to near-regular service on August 2. Closing times have been extended to midnight Monday-Saturday. Sunday service will continue to run at 30-minute frequencies with a 9pm closure.
- San Francisco Bay Ferry – On July 1, San Francisco Bay Ferry increased their service to levels surpassing pre-pandemic levels. They added rush hour trips, midday and late evening service, reduced fares, and brought back weekend service.
- Tri Delta Transit – Tri Delta Transit made the return to full service on July 4, 2021.
- FAST Transit / SolanoExpress – On August 1, FAST Transit Increased service on SolanoExpress routes, including Increased Green Express (GX) Line and Blue Line service. In addition, Blue Line service was transitioned from Pleasant Hill BART to Walnut Creek BART.
- SolTrans / Solano Express – On August 1, SolTrans increased the frequency on the SolanoExpress Yellow Line, changing it to hourly service to and from Walnut Creek BART.
- Wheels (LAVTA) – On June 14, Wheels reinstated weekday service to pre-COVID levels from approximately 6:00-9:00 am and 3:00-6:00 pm on Routes 1, 3, 8, 10R, 14, and 30R. Route 15 returned to all-day pre-COVID service levels. Service continues to end at 11 pm.
- County Connection – August 8 – County Connection will be making fall service changes, which means an updated schedule, as well as the addition of service on Route 92X and the resumption of service on their 600-series school routes.
- AC Transit – August 8 – AC Transit’s service changes will include a new schedule, the addition of operating hours on local and Transbay lines, and the reactivation of Supplementary Service to schools.
- Tri Delta Transit – August 28 – Schedule change, routes will not be affected.