The Bay Area is beautiful, and some of the best views are from trains, buses, bikes, bridges and feet.
Have you ever taken the TransBay bus across the Bay Bridge, and realize that the extra height gave you an incredible view of the Bay? Or leaned back in your BART seat over Albany and enjoyed the view of the East Bay hills on one side and fog-shrouded San Francisco on the other? Or appreciated the simple bliss of a cup of coffee, power outlet, and wifi on the Capitol Corridor?
Commuters travel throughout this incredible region all the time, and when we get out of our cars, we don’t have anything else to do but enjoy the journey.
511CC invites you to document, share, and celebrate this unique viewpoint with its new #ViewFromCC contest. Each month, we’ll name a new way to get around (it could be a transit service, carpool, vanpool, bikes, or feet), and you send us a glimpse of your view from that perspective. We’ll pick a favorite, and send the winner a $20 Peets gift card.
- Each month’s #ViewFromCC theme will be announced on Twitter and newsletter on the second Tuesday of the month. You can follow us or subscribe to the newsletter and be the first to hear.
- Submissions are accepted two ways.
- Tweet your photo and tag it with the #ViewFromCC hashtag, or
- Email it to us at ViewFromCC@511cc.org
- Winners will be selected by 511CC staff and announced via Twitter and newsletter the following month. Entries will be judged on their ability to portray the chosen theme in an appealing, different, and positive light.
- Winners will be asked via Twitter or email (based on their submission method) for a mailing address to send the gift card.
- The contest is open to everyone, but the winner must supply a mailing address in Contra Costa County (either work or home) to receive a gift card.
Ready to get started? July 2014’s theme is BART. Show us your #ViewFromCC!