Don’t drive irresponsibly or get stuck being DD – put on your party hat and shades and ride home on public transit! Also, be glad you live in the Bay Area, where public transit options are rockin’.
Here’s what you need to know for each one:
- Service runs til 3 am
- After 8 pm:
- Pittsburg/Bay Point and Richmond trains will not stop at Embarcardero. Exit at Montgomery Station instead. After midnight, also board at Montgomery Station to get back on the Pittsburg/Bay Point or Richmond trains.
- Dublin/Pleasanton and Fremont trains will not stop at Montgomery Street Station. Exit at Embarcadero. Likewise, board at Embarcadero to get back on a Pittsburg/Bay Point or Richmond-bound train.
- More information about BART services on NYE
- On December 31st, 2009, consider taking the Eastbound Line 800, which runs overnight.
- On January 1st, 2010, AC Transit buses will operate on Sunday schedules.
- For more information, visit AC Transit’s Website.
- Free for travelers between 8 pm – 6 am between Dec. 31, New Year’s Eve and Jan. 1, New Year’s Day.
- More information on the SF Muni NYE Page.
- Free service after 11 pm.
- Details for New Year’s Eve service on Caltrain.
Care for some more?
Just kidding, we know you wanted more transit info!
Well, here’s your cap. Scroll down to see the full list of Bay Area transit agency services on New Year’s Eve, including SamTrans and Golden Gate Transit.