- Regular cyclists enjoy a fitness level equal to that of a person ten years younger. -National Forum for Coronary Heart Disease Foundation
- Cycling at least 3 hours a week cuts your risk of heart disease in HALF compared to those who do not cycle or perform other exercise, according to the British Heart association.
- Exposure to some air pollutants and toxic compounds can be 2 to 10 times higher inside cars than outside. A two year study in California found that concentrations of carbon monoxide, benzene, MTBE, and other harmful compounds are higher inside cars than at roadside monitoring stations. – ‘Divorce Your Car’, Katie Alvord
- Loose the extra pounds. A 15-minute bike ride to and from work or school five times a week burns off the equivalent of 11 pounds of fat in a year. – Leeds: Cycling and Health
- Multiple studies have found that moderate exercise, such as bicycling, has been found to reduce levels of depression and stress, improve mood and raise self-esteem.
- Bike commuting reduces the air pollutants that cause asthma and bronchitis.
- Every day in California cyclists prevent over 7 tons of inhalable particles from going into the air. Why not join the clean-up crew? – MPBTA, 2002
Source: CICLE – Cyclists Inciting Change thru Live Exchange