Bike to Work Day is a promotional event to encourage the use of a bicycle instead of a car.
- About Bike To Work Day
- Bike Commuter of the Year (BCOY)
- Team Bike Challenge & Company Bike Challenge
- Need Help Planning Your Route?
- Contra Costa County Energizer Stations
- Want to Host an Energizer Station?
- Our 2016 Local Hosts
About Bike To Work Day
On Thursday, May 12, there will be over 400 Energizer Stations throughout the San Francisco Bay Area where cyclists can stop by for refreshments and promotional items.
511 Contra Costa has supported cyclists and Energizer Station hosts throughout Contra Costa County since 2001 using Bay Area Air Quality Management District funds and the Contra Costa Transportation Authority’s half-cent sales tax for transportation funds.
Bike Commuter of the Year (BCOY)
Bike Commuter of the Year (BCOY) award recipients are recognized for their dedication to riding their bike for everyday transportation. They are a testament to the many benefits of bicycle commuting: from improving their health to bringing families together. Nominations are accepted, evaluated and awarded by each county’s Bike to Work Day representative. Learn about 2015 BCOY award winners and their inspiring stories and see past winners from 2008-2014.
Nominate someone you know for Bike Commuter of the Year! The deadline for nominations is April 4.
Team Bike Challenge & Company Bike Challenge
Ask your friends, colleagues and neighbors to form a team with you and pedal your way to a greener, healthier and happier commute while earning points and medals! There are big prizes to be had in both Challenges, plus it’s a fun and easy way to see just how much biking does for your health, budget and the environment.
Need help planning your route?
511 Contra Costa’s Bike Mapper is the innovative and open bicycle mapping system specially designed to find flat, most direct, or fastest routes anywhere in Contra Costa County. Read more about the 511CC Interactive Bike Mapper here, or check out our selection of free paper and online bike maps.
Contra Costa County Energizer Station Map
Contra Costa County Energizer Station List
PM hours in bold
- Iron Horse Trail at the Alamo Trail Head, 7:00-10:00 am, RPM Mortgage
- Delta de Anza Trail at Lone Tree Way (Sutter Delta Medical Center), 6:00-8:30 am & 5:00-7:00 pm, City of Antioch & Sutter Delta Medical Center
- Delta de Anza Trail between Buchanan & Somersville Rd, 6:30-10:00 am, Tri Delta Transit
- Deer Valley Rd & Wellness Way (Kaiser Permanente Antioch Medical Center), 6:30-9:30 am, Kaiser Permanente Antioch Medical Center
- NE corner of City Park at 2nd & Oak St, 7:00-9:00 am & 3:00-6:00 pm, Delta Pedalers Bicycle Club
- Corner of Rosebrook Terrace & Central Blvd (Ron Nunn Elementary School), 7:45-9:00 am, Ron Nunn Elementary School
- Marsh Creek Trail at Central Blvd, 3:00-6:00 pm, East Bay Regional Park District
- Monument Corridor Trail across from Mohr Ln at Monument Blvd, 7:00-10:00 am & 4:00-7:00 pm, City of Concord/AssetMark
- Front of 1371 Detroit Ave (Meadow Homes Elementary School), 7:30-8:30 am, Monument Impact
- Front of 1135 Lacey Ln (Cambridge Elementary School), 7:30-8:30 am, Monument Impact
- Outside Academic Services Lobby (Cal State East Bay Concord), 7:30-9:00 am & 4:30-6:00 pm, Cal State East Bay Concord
- Meadow Homes Park at the corner of Detroit Ave & Sunshine Dr, 3:30-5:30 pm, Monument Impact
- Ohlone Greenway at the El Cerrito Plaza BART “wave” bike lockers, 7:00-9:00 am, City of El Cerrito
- Front of 540 Ashbury Ave (El Cerrito High School), 7:30-9:30 am, James Morehouse Project at ECHS
- 3826 San Pablo Dam Rd, 6:30-9:00 am & 4:00-6:00 pm, The Pedaler Bike Shop
- Lafayette-Moraga Trail off of Reliez Station Rd, 6:30-9:00 am & 4:00-6:00 pm, Mike’s Bikes
- Lafayette BART, 3:30-6:30 pm, Sustainable Contra Costa
- Martinez AMTRAK, 5:15-9:30 am, Richard A.
- Bottom of Benicia Bridge, 3:30-6:30 pm, Richard A.
- Corner of Moraga & St Marys Rd, 6:30-9:00 am, Town of Moraga
- Delta de Anza Trail at Railroad Ave (West), 6:30-8:30 am, City of Pittsburg
- Contra Costa Canal Trail at Gregory Ln, 7:30-8:45 am & 4:00-6:00 pm, Pleasant Hill Recreation & Park District
- Contra Costa Canal Trail at Golf Club Rd, 3:00-5:30 pm, Diablo Valley College
- 914 Marina Way South, 7:00-9:00 am, Kaiser Permanente Regional Laboratory
- Richmond BART, 7:00-9:00 am, City of Richmond
- Marina Bay Park at Marina Bay Pkwy & Regatta Blvd, 7:00-9:00 am, SunPower Corporation & City of Richmond
- Richmond Greenway Trail & Harbour Way South, 7:00-9:00 am, City of Richmond
- San Pablo & Macdonald Ave, 7:00-9:00 am, City of Richmond
- SF Bay Trail at S 46th St Connector Trail, 7:00-9:00 am, UC Berkeley Richmond Field Station
- 901 Nevin Ave, 11:30 am-1:30 pm, Kaiser Permanente Richmond Medical Center
- Corner of Church Ln & San Pablo Ave (City Hall), 7:00-9:00 am, City of San Pablo
- 2600 Mission Bell Dr, 7:00-9:00 am, Contra Costa College
- Iron Horse Trail at Bollinger Canyon Rd, 6:00-10:00 am, Sunset Development Company & City of San Ramon
- Olympic Blvd & Newell Ave, 6:00-9:00 am & 4:00-7:00 pm, Bike Walnut Creek
- Near bike racks at Pleasant Hill/Contra Costa Centre BART, 6:30-9:00 am & 4:00-7:00 pm, REI/Contra Costa Centre Association
- Iron Horse & Contra Costa Canal Trail intersection, 6:30-9:30 am & 4:00-7:00 pm, 511 Contra Costa & Contra Costa Transportation Authority & East Bay Regional Park District
- Iron Horse Trail between Broadway & Newell Ave, 6:30-9:30 am, Whole Foods Market
- Ygnacio & Contra Costa Canal intersection, 7:00-9:00 am & 5:00-7:00 pm, Encina Bicycle Center
- Corner of S Main St & Newell Ave (Kaiser Permanente Walnut Creek Medical Center), 7:00-10:00 am, Kaiser Permanente Walnut Creek Medical Center
- Contra Costa Canal Trail off of N Wiget Ln, 7:30-9:00 am, Renaissance ClubSport
- Contra Costa Canal Trail at Heather Farm Park, 3:30-6:30 pm, Sports Basement
Want to Host an Energizer Station?
A big THANK YOU to our local Energizer Station hosts!