Closures tentatively will occur Monday night, July 2 (ending in the early morning of July 3) and Thursday, July 5 (ending in the early morning of July 6). There will be no closures on Tuesday night, July 3, or Wednesday, July 4.
- Overnight Westbound Fish Ranch Road Onramp Closures (in Orinda): Occurring between the hours of 9 p.m. and 5 a.m.
- Overnight Closures of right lanes on Westbound State Route 24 from the Camino Pablo Onramp (in Orinda) to Bore Three: Occurring between the hours of 9:30 p.m. and 4 a.m.
- Overnight Bore Three Closures (towards Oakland): Occurring between the hours of 10 p.m. and 4 a.m.
Please note: On Friday night (July 6) closures of the above lanes and ramps are planned to begin one hour later than the Monday – Thursday schedule described above. The anticipated reopening times on Saturday, July 7, are as follows:
- Westbound Fish Ranch Road Onramp in Orinda expected to reopen at 8 a.m. on Saturday, July 7
- Westbound State Route 24 right lanes between Camino Pablo onramp in Orinda and Bore #3 expected to reopen at 7 a.m. on Saturday, July 7
- Bore #3 (towards Oakland) expected to reopen at 7 a.m. on Saturday, July 7
In addition to the excavation of a 3,400-foot-long tunnel north of the existing three bores, the $391.8 million Caldecott Fourth Bore Project includes traffic improvements on the eastern and western sides of the tunnel.
For more information on the upcoming closures visit the Traffic Page of the project website.