Nightly closures through Thursday, July 12 (ending in the early morning of July 13).
- Overnight Westbound Fish Ranch Road Onramp Closures (in Orinda): Occurring nightly between the hours of 9 p.m. and 5 a.m.
- Overnight Closures of right lanes on Westbound State Route 24 from the Camino Pablo Onramp (in Orinda) to Bore Three: Occurring nightly between the hours of 9:30 p.m. and 4 a.m.
- Overnight Bore Three Closures (towards Oakland): Occurring nightly between the hours of 10 p.m. and 4 a.m.
Please note: On Friday night (July 13) closures of the above lanes and ramps are planned to begin one hour later than the schedule described above. The anticipated reopening times on Saturday, July 14, are as follows:
- Westbound Fish Ranch Road Onramp in Orinda expected to reopen at 8 a.m. on Saturday, July 14
- Westbound State Route 24 right lanes between Camino Pablo onramp in Orinda and Bore #3 expected to reopen at 7 a.m. on Saturday, July 14
- Bore #3 (towards Oakland) expected to reopen at 7 a.m. on Saturday, July 14
In addition to the excavation of a 3,400-foot-long tunnel north of the existing three bores, the $391.8 million Caldecott Fourth Bore Project includes traffic improvements on the eastern and western sides of the tunnel.
For more information on the upcoming closures visit the Traffic Page of the project website