Closures tentatively will begin Monday night, June 11 and will occur nightly through Thursday, June 14 (ending in the early morning of June 15).
- Overnight Westbound Fish Ranch Road Onramp Closures (in Orinda): Occurring nightly between the hours of 9 p.m. and 5 a.m.
- Overnight Closures of right lanes on Westbound State Route 24 from the Camino Pablo Onramp (in Orinda) to Bore Three: Occurring nightly between the hours of 9:30 p.m. and 4 a.m.
- Overnight Bore Three Closures (towards Oakland): Occurring nightly between the hours of 10 p.m. and 4 a.m.
Please note: On Friday night (June 15) closures of the above lanes and ramps are planned to begin one hour later than the Monday – Thursday schedule described above. The anticipated reopening times on Saturday, June 16, are as follows:
- Westbound Fish Ranch Road Onramp in Orinda expected to reopen at 8 a.m. on Saturday, June 16
- Westbound State Route 24 right lanes between Camino Pablo onramp in Orinda and Bore #3 expected to reopen at 7 a.m. on Saturday, June 16
- Bore #3 (towards Oakland) expected to reopen at 7 a.m. on Saturday, June 16
In addition to the excavation of a 3,400-foot-long tunnel north of the existing three bores, the $391.8 million Caldecott Fourth Bore Project includes traffic improvements on the eastern and western sides of the tunnel.
For more information on the upcoming closures visit the Traffic Page of the project website.