Carpool and win free groceries!
Commuting and grocery shopping – two things you have to do anyway.
511 has a way to make both of them much cheaper.
You can already use the new RideMatch system to find vanpool and carpool ride(r)s online, but when you log your week’s commutes from now through July, you’ll be entered into a monthly drawing for rewards.
You only have to commute to work eight days a month to win a $100 grocery gift card or 2GB iPod Shuffle with a $10 iTunes Gift Card.
Carpool 24 times in 90 days to be eligible for a $500 grocery gift card each month.
Register for RideMatch and get started on your trip diary today.
Why join RideMatch? Other than linking you with people making the same trip, it offers a great format for people looking to get into ridesharing. To get started, consider the following tips.
- Ridesharing is flexible. Once a week or every day.
- Contact everyone on your Matchlist. Call or send an e-mail.
- If people on your matchlist don’t work out, check back often. People are added to the system daily.
- Before starting, meet potential partners and discuss details.
- Talk about who will alternate driving.
- Determine your route and schedule.
- Discuss insurance, parking, emergencies, illness and vacations.
- Establish rules for cell phones, perfume, eating, etc.
Need help? Call 511, Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 6:00 pm, and say “Rideshare” to speak to a live operator..