New Year's Eve & New Year's Day Transit Schedules
On New Year’s Day, all transit agencies serving Contra Costa County will be on Sunday or Holiday schedules. On New Year’s Eve, BART will run until 3am and WestCAT will offer a Modified Holiday Service schedule.
Special Note Regarding BART: San Francisco-bound Pittsburg/Bay Point and Richmond trains will not stop at Embarcadero Station after 8pm on New Year’s Eve. After the San Francisco fireworks show is over, passengers bound for Pittsburg/Bay Point and Richmond must use Montgomery Street Station. Trains on these lines will not stop at Embarcadero Station on their way out of San Francisco.
Free Transit: AC Transit & Muni will be offering free travel from 8pm New Year’s Eve until 5am the following morning. During the complimentary service, there is no need to tag your Clipper card.
Click any link below for additional schedule information.
New Year’s Eve (December 31)
- DAR, Local Fixed Route, C3, JPX, 30Z, JX – Modified Holiday Service, 7pm Close (Approx.)
- LYNX – Limited Service
- Express J – Regular Service
- BART: Regular weekday schedule with supplemental New Year’s eve service until 3am
- All other transit on regular weekday schedule (AC Transit, County Connection, Tri Delta Transit, Wheels, Capitol Corridor)
New Year’s Day (January 1)
- BART: Sunday schedule
- AC Transit: Sunday schedule
- WestCAT: Express J – Sunday service; no other service
- Capitol Corridor: Holiday schedule
- County Connection: No service
- Tri Delta Transit: Routes 392, 393, 394 and 395 will operate on a Sunday schedule; no other service
- Wheels (LAVTA): Sunday Service; no service on Rapid