Starting today BART will begin charging $1.00 for daily weekday parking at San Leandro BART Station between 4am to 3pm.
PARKING LOT DESIGNATION
There are two designated area types for parking, one for ‘Permit’ holders (Monthly, Single Day or Airport/Long Term parking permit), and one for ‘Fee’ payers.
Permit holders can park in the ‘Permit’ sections while all other must pay the $1.00 fee and park in the ‘Fee’ sections. After 10 a.m., any unoccupied spaces in the “Permit” areas are available on a first-come, first-served basis for Fee-paying drivers.
HOW TO PAY:
You can use your Clipper Card to pay for the fees through BART’s EZ Rider parking service.
- Go to the EZ Rider parking website and click on the link to pay for parking with Clipper.
- Users who already have EZ Rider accounts will replace their EZ Rider numbers with the Clipper card number. New EZ Rider users will have to wait to receive a hang tag by mail first.
- For new users, once you receive your hang tag in the mail, you will have to go back online to activate it and it will be ready to use within 24 hours. Hang the tag to your rear view mirror.
- Once these are all activated, simply touch your Clipper card to the sensor disc on the Parking Validation Machine in the BART station and your $1.00 fee will be paid.
Without a Clipper Card
- You must note down your parking stall number and then:
- Go to the addfare/parking validation machine in the BART station
- Punch in your stall number
- Insert your blue BART ticket (with money on it) or a dollar bill into the parking validation machine
- Take receipt