The Draft Walnut Creek Pedestrian Master Plan is now available for public review! The City of Walnut Creek wants your feedback and will be accepting public comments – via phone, online and at meetings – through Friday, June 12, 2015.
The Pedestrian Master Plan (PMP) is Walnut Creek’s first citywide planning effort focused on making walking safer, easier and more popular. The finished PMP will:
- Outline goals, policies and actions to guide the evolution of walking in the city.
- Assess existing conditions for walking.
- Develop broad recommendations for physical improvements.
- Recommend programs and activities to promote and encourage walking.
- Formulate guidelines for the design of sidewalks, crosswalks and footpaths.
Particular attention will be paid to improving access to schools, transit, open space areas, parks and neighborhood shopping centers, as well as within the Downtown area. The planning effort relies on the public’s involvement to help shape the PMP.
If you’re interested in attending a public meeting, there are opportunities on May 4, 6 & 28 at Walnut Creek City Hall. For details on meeting times and locations, to read the Draft PMP, or to give feedback, visit the City of Walnut Creek’s ‘How to Get Involved’ page.