Caltrans has set a target to triple bicycling by 2020, but in order to make that happen, they need your help!
The Caltrans District 4 Bicycle Plan, which is currently being created, will guide California’s decision makers in developing bicycle projects and programs. With over 2200 miles of road under their management, Caltrans is relying on local feedback to let them know what residents feel is and isn’t working and what improvements they’d like to see.
Completing the Bike Plan survey will assist Caltrans with their mission to build bicycle facilities that are safe, comfortable and convenient. These expanded and upgraded facilities will:
- Improve public health and promote active lifestyles
- Create connections that allow people to bike to work, school, or transit, and
- Reduce traffic congestion and greenhouse gas emissions
Caltrans want to hear from as many residents as possible, so please take the survey and help spread the word!
On May 4, a closure and detour will go into effect for the southbound I-680 Marina Vista/Waterfront Rd off-ramp in Martinez. The closure will remain in effect until October 2015. Between April and October, a seismic retrofit will be performed on the Mococo Overhead Bridge and the I-680 off-ramp will be replaced.
During the closure, southbound I-680 traffic will detour to the Arthur Road interchange, exit and cross under the freeway, return to northbound I-680, and exit at Marina Vista/Waterfront Road. Marina Vista and Waterfront Road will remain open during the extended ramp closure.
Please allow extra travel time when driving through this area and make sure to Slow for the Cone Zone. For more information about the project, visit the Caltrans Mococo Overhead Bridge Project webpage.
NOTE: Post edited to reflect postponement of closure to Monday, May 4.
Caltrans District 4 has scheduled the following lane and ramp closures for the Interstate 680 Mococo Overhead Bridge Rehabilitation Project:
The Marina Vista on-ramp to southbound I-680 will be closed:
- Thursday night, March 26, from 6pm-6am
- 6pm Friday night, March 27 until 12pm Saturday, March 28
Lane/Shoulder Closures at the Marina Vista/Waterfront Road Interchange:
- One northbound lane will be closed from 8pm Friday, March 27 to 5am Monday, March 30
- The left shoulder of southbound I-680 will be closed from 8pm Friday, March 27 through 5am Monday, March 30
Upcoming Closure of Southbound I-680 Off-Ramp to Marina Vista/Waterfront Road
In late April 2015 Caltrans will close the southbound off-ramp from I-680 to Marina Vista/Waterfront Road. The closure will remain in effect for about five months while the contractor removes the old off-ramp structure and builds a new structure.
- Detour: During this closure, southbound I-680 traffic will detour to the Arthur Road interchange, exit and cross under the freeway, return to northbound I-680, and exit at Marina Vista/Waterfront Road
- Marina Vista and Waterfront Road will remain open during the extended ramp closure
Please drive cautiously through the construction zone, follow the directions of flaggers, leave a safe traveling distance between your vehicle and the vehicle ahead of you, and Slow for the Cone Zone. The California Highway Patrol will be on site during these closures.
For more information about the project visit the Caltrans I-680 Mococo Bridge Rehabilitation Project page.