This week’s headlines in transportation & transit: Mar. 20-26, 2010
Posted: Mar 26, 2010
- Sink hole shuts down part of Tassajara Road in Dublin March 25-26, 2010
- 511 Contra Costa is now on Facebook! Become a fan to get entered to win $25 to Peet’s Coffee & Tea.
- Highway 4 to close near Discovery Bay this weekend from 8 PM on Friday, March 26th to 4 AM on Monday March 29th
- Sunset magazine shows readers how to plan a car-free vacation to Union City
Bay Area & California News
- BART seeks input at community meetings in Alameda, Contra Costa and San Mateo counties
- State money could mean fewer transit service cuts
- We stumbled on a nearly 50-year old map of BART in its planning stages–pretty neat!
- Schwarzenegger provides CA transit agencies with a one-time allocation of $400 million and $350 million for fiscal year 2011
- Handy tip of the week: look online to cut wait times at the DMV
- Major AC Transit schedule changes will take effect Sunday March 28, 2010
- California offers $4 million in rebates offered on a first-come, first-served basis to those who purchase a hybrid or electric car