With some of the oldest subway trains in the country, BART is looking for your opinion on how to make the next generation of train cars better suit riders in the 21st Century. The traveling future seat lab will make nine stops, one in each BART district, and everyone is welcome to give their thoughts on the possible future cars.
- What kinds of seats would you like to see on new BART train cars?
- How can BART best accommodate customers using wheelchairs?
- How can BART best accommodate customers using bicycles or strollers or carrying luggage?
- What types of passenger information should the new cars provide in their on-board displays?
- What features do you most like or dislike about trains you’ve used in other cities?
The remaining mobile seat lab stops are:
Prewett Family Park and Community Center
Saturday, June 18, 11 am – 3 pm
4701 Lone Tree Way, Antioch
Parking lot (adjacent to pool)
South San Francisco BART Station
Tuesday, June 21, 2011, 2:30 pm – 6:30 pm
Justin Herman Plaza, San Francisco
Wednesday, June 22, 10 am – 4 pm
Have you seen BART’s new seat lab? What do you want to see in BART’s new cars?
Past mobile seat lab stops:
Dublin/Pleasanton BART Station
Monday, June 13, 2011, 3pm – 6:30pm
Pleasant Hill/Contra Costa Centre BART Station, at the plaza next to fountain.
Tuesday, June 14, 2011 2:30 pm – 6:30 pm
Fruitvale BART Station, Village Plaza
Monday, May 23, 2011, 3 pm – 6:30pm
Los Medanos Community College, 2700 East Leland Road, Pittsburg, CA
Tuesday, May 24, 2011, 11 am – 3 pm
Richmond BART Station, McDonald Avenue side
Tuesday, May 31, 2011, 2:30 pm – 6:30pm
Union City BART Station, Center Access Road.
Thursday, June 2, 2011, 2 pm – 6 pm
(Originally scheduled for June 1 but rescheduled due to inclement weather)