BART plans to run a limited bus shuttle service on access roads adjacent to the following stations: El Cerrito del Norte, Fremont, West Oakland, Walnut Creek and Dublin/Pleasanton in the event of a strike that could begin Monday, July 1, 2013. The ride is free.
Parking at BART stations will be free and open to the public in the event of a strike on a first-come, first-serve basis. However, elevator access in the parking structures is not guaranteed.
As the date of a potential service disruption draws near, visit 511.org for status updates. Check with your employer about alternative transportation options or working from home.
Procedures for Passengers Using BART Charter Buses
In the morning from the East Bay to San Francisco:
- Proceed to bus boarding area in the morning from the El Cerrito del Norte, Fremont, West Oakland, Walnut Creek and Dublin/Pleasanton stations beginning 5:00am until the last bus is full but no later than 9:00am.
- You will be given your roundtrip bus pass as you get on your bus.
- The ride is free.
- There are no assigned seats. Please take the first seat available to you to expedite loading time. Once the bus is loaded and passengers are seated, the bus will be allowed to leave. There are no standees permitted on charter buses.
- The bus will travel to the West Oakland BART station, where you will transfer to another bus that will shuttle you to Downtown San Francisco.
- Once you arrive at the West Oakland BART station, get off the bus and proceed to the San Francisco shuttle bus loading area. You will be required to show your roundtrip bus pass to the person loading you onto the San Francisco-bound bus.
- The bus will travel to Downtown San Francisco and unload on Fremont Street, between Folsom Street and Howard Street near the Transbay Terminal.
In the afternoon from San Francisco to the East Bay:
- Boarding for afternoon return trips to the East Bay will begin at 3:00pm on Howard Street between Fremont Street and Beale Street. To guarantee yourself a bus ride home, you must be at the bus loading area no later than 7:00pm.
- You will be required to show the roundtrip bus pass that you received in the morning to the person loading you onto the West Oakland-bound bus. Once the bus is loaded and passengers are seated, the bus will be allowed to leave.
- Once you arrive in West Oakland Station, you will get off the bus and proceed to one of the four designated bus stops (Fremont, El Cerrito del Norte, Walnut Creek, and Dublin/Pleasanton) for the return trip to the same location of your origin. You will once again be required to show your bus pass to the person loading you on the bus.
It is very important that you do not lose your bus pass. You will be required to show the bus pass whenever you get on a bus. Only passengers who have roundtrip bus passes will be permitted to board buses in San Francisco and West Oakland.
Source: BART Customer Services