Our weekly news & events roundup for Contra Costa County, East Bay & Bay Area for transit, biking and transportation.
Upcoming Events and Dates to Remember
- Through October, there will be ongoing work on I-680. Click here to view the construction schedule.
- East Bay Bike Party!
If you’d like us to know about an event, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Local (Contra Costa County & East Bay)
- Caldecott workers keep on tunneling. Check out their progress in this graphic.
- How well do you know the Caldecott 4th Bore? Enter our new trivia contest and you could win free coffee!
- Spotlight on one of our favorite Contra Costa Parks – the Pinole Shores Regional Park.
- Check out these new bike detectors in Pleasanton!
- Welcome new CSUEB Concord shuttle riders! It’s free, so hop aboard!
- Break out the bikes and boots: new improvements coming soon to the Iron Horse Trail!
- BART to fix barrier to access for disabled at Lafayette station
- Meet Jennifer, County Connection’s October Transit Passenger of the Month
- Congrats to S. Khan for completing the 511CC Pledge in Sept! Join the winners’ circle and win $50.
Bay Area and California
- BART’s new proposal will extend service on Friday night by 30 minutes. What do you think?
- Governor Brown signs a new “buy American” law into effect for our trains and buses
- A new study finds: If all public transportation stopped, each Bay Area commute would take an extra 20 minutes a day!
- From BART: tips for rainy weather commuting
- 15 mph zones welcome students on Walk to School Day
- Alberto Contador, three-time Tour de France champ, makes Bay Area visit
- Adorable – “KID-ical Mass” teaches bike safety in North Bay
Other Good Reads in Transportation