Below is the anticipated schedule of upcoming westbound ramp and lane closures associated with work on the Caldecott Fourth Bore Project.
The Week of February 27, 2012:
Closures begin Monday night, February 27 and will tentatively occur nightly through Friday, March 2.
- Overnight Westbound Fish Ranch Road Onramp Closures (in Orinda) Occurring nightly between the hours of 9 p.m. and 5 a.m.
- Overnight Lane Closures on Westbound State Route 24 from Wilder Ranch Onramp (in Orinda) to Bore Three (towards Oakland): Occurring nightly between the hours of 9:30 p.m. and 4 a.m.
- Overnight Bore Three Closures (towards Oakland): Occurring nightly between the hours of 10 p.m. and 4 a.m.
Please note: On Friday and Saturday nights (March 2 & 3) closures of the above lanes and ramps are planned to begin one hour later than the Monday-Thursday schedule. The planned reopening times are as follows:
- Westbound Fish Ranch Road Onramp expected to reopen at 7 a.m. on Saturday, March 3
- Westbound State Route 24 Lane Closure between Wilder Ranch Onramp and Bore #3 expected to reopen at 7 a.m. on Saturday, March 3
- Bore #3 (towards Oakland) expected to reopen at 6 a.m. on Saturday, March 3
In addition to the excavation of a 3,400-foot-long tunnel north of the existing three bores, the $391 million Caldecott Fourth Bore Project includes traffic improvements on the eastern and western sides of the tunnel.
For more information on the upcoming ramp closure, visit www.caldecott-tunnel.org.