Below is the anticipated schedule of upcoming westbound ramp and lane closures associated with work on the Caldecott Fourth Bore Project. Please note that inclement weather may cause schedule changes.
Closures tentatively will begin Monday night, June 4 and will occur nightly through Thursday, June 7 (ending in the early morning of June 8).
- Overnight Westbound Fish Ranch Road Onramp Closures (in Orinda): Occurring nightly between the hours of 9 p.m. and 5 a.m.
- Overnight Closures of right lanes on Westbound State Route 24 from the Camino Pablo Onramp (in Orinda) to Bore Three: Occurring nightly between the hours of 9:30 p.m. and 4 a.m.
- Overnight Bore Three Closures (towards Oakland): Occurring nightly between the hours of 10 p.m. and 4 a.m.
Please note: On Friday night (June 8) closures of the above lanes and ramps are planned to begin one hour later than the Monday – Thursday schedule described above. The anticipated reopening times on Saturday, June 9, are as follows.
- Westbound Fish Ranch Road Onramp in Orinda expected to reopen at 8 a.m. on Saturday, June 9
- Westbound State Route 24 right lanes between Camino Pablo onramp in Orinda and Bore #3 expected to reopen at 7 a.m. on Saturday, June 9
- Bore #3 (towards Oakland) expected to reopen at 7 a.m. on Saturday, June 9
In addition to the excavation of a 3,400-foot-long tunnel north of the existing three bores, the $391.8 million Caldecott Fourth Bore Project includes traffic improvements on the eastern and western sides of the tunnel.
For more information on the upcoming closures visit the Traffic Page of the project website.