Celebrate the completion of the San Pablo Avenue Streetscape Project on Sat. May 14th by attending El Cerrito’s Spring Fling!
Welcome Ceremony — 10:00am to 11:00am
In front of Rialto Cinemas Cerrito, 10070 San Pablo Avenue
- Welcome by the Mayor
- Brief overview of the project
- Dedication of the theater “stars” by the Friends of the Cerrito Theater
- Light refreshments will be served.
- Giveaway of 100 Clipper cards for free AC Transit bus rides on-the-day. (Limited supply)
Tour the Avenue — 11:00am to 2:00pm
Walk, bike or take transit along the Avenue to see the recent improvements.
Go at your own pace and visit local stores, galleries and restaurants along the way! Many businesses will be offering discounts or samples as part of the Spring Fling. Tour Stops will highlight:
- The renovated historic Cerrito Theater
- Rain Gardens – hosted by the San Francisco Estuary Partnership
- Water-saving landscape renovations
- New City Hall & public plaza
- Pedestrian Safety Improvements & Street Amenities
- Historic-cultural sidewalk pavers – hosted by the El Cerrito Historical Society
- Baxter Creek Restoration
For more up-to-date information or to get involved, please contact Suzanne Iarla at (510) 215-4318.