Greetings! We hope your 2010 has gotten off to a great start!
511CC has been busy and:
- added a map showing real-time arrival information for BART trains.
- were one of 25 national applicants to win a $1000 Safe Routes to School Mini Grant.
- gave free coffee to people who biked to work during the BART strikes.
- released a nifty iPhone app- iSmog -that displays air quality information for the Bay Area.
- tweeted and blogged our little heart away about Contra Costa county and Bay Area transit, biking & transportation news
- gave away $25 gift cards to Peet’s every month for @511CC followers and retweeters.
- collected as many bike maps for Contra Costa as possible and posted them on our bike map page
- launched a “going green” activity wheel for families to learn about green travel.
- added a rotating “Program of the Week” that has featured promotions for BART to the airport, bike lockers, travel trivia and more
- provided bus passes for K-12 daily school trips – over 2,000 families and counting!
- took video footage of how to access the Benicia Bicycle/Pedestrian Bridge from Martinez and posted on our site
- posted construction updates and photos of the Treat Blvd Pedestrian Overcrossing (still under construction)
- were recognized by ABAG for being one of a few public agencies in Contra Costa to receive Green Business certification
- began coordinating Bike to Work Day activities and we have an exciting new event in the works
…and much, much more!
Now it’s 2010, and we’re ready to work on what matters to you. We got the ball rolling with our 2-for-1 WestCAT Lynx special and Bicycle Commuter Assistance Program, but we’d love to hear what else you’d like to see.
What maps would be useful to you? (Click here to see current 511CC maps)
Got a great idea for our Program of the Week?
Think you could make our website better?
Answer any of these questions or make a suggestion of your own in the comments below for a chance to win a $10 Peet’s coffee card!